Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one know where to buy coconut oil in NH?? page

dcoffill is offline Junior Member

Any one know where to buy coconut oil in NH??

Shop Now
    Any one from the area know where I can buy coconut oil? I'd like to start using it ASAP but it will take forever if I have to order it online. Any ideas. Thanks

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a whole foods or any health food stores around you? Most grocery stores carry it as well but look out for the refined stuff.

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Most supermarkets carry it. Look in the Asian section. Get the full-fat kind, and make sure it's unsweetened.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

ya know I had grabbed some coconut milk from the asian section but didn't even look there for the oil just went straight to the oil section...I knew this was the place to ask! Thanks!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    if you order it by 2pm yourtime from iherb.com, you'll have it on monday I love iherb.com (see my links below)

When I"m in NH and VT though, which is frequently as my dearly beloved SIL lives there, I 'm able to get it at any health food store.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Oops, I didn't read your post carefully enough, I thought you were talking about coconut milk. A health food store would be your best bet for coconut oil - I've never seen that in a supermarket.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

sarak is offline Junior Member
    Where are you in relation to Concord or Manchester?

Mermaid is offline Member

Coconut oil

I get my coconut oil from tropicaltraditions.com. I have dealt with them for a few years and I love them. (I have no affiliation w/the company). They are a great company to deal with--very responsive, reasonably priced, and environmentally responsible. They also have grassfed meats and many other products. If you get on their mailing list they send you great offers and discounts including free shipping from time to time (great for heavy items like coconut oil!)

if you buy from a store, check the health and beauty isle. Some states have weird laws about where the stores can put the stuff (yeah I know that's weird). Also, be aware that virgin coconut oil will have a flavor and scent, whereas expeller pressed will have neither. I find the former preferable for use as a moisturizer and sunscreen, and the latter is best for cooking, since I prefer eggs that do not taste like coconut. The website I mentioned has a good deal of information about coconut oil and its uses. And they sell coconut flour. Overall, I have gotten a lot of information about different foods from them.
    Mermaid

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    Not sure where you live in NH but I bought mine at the Whole foods store in Andover, MA. Their is also a natural food store in Portsmouth called Portsmouth Health Food and their is also another one in Hampton called Hampton Natural foods. The Natural Grocer in Newburyport, MA, and possibly at the Blue Moon Cafe in Exeter might have it as well

saraK im 20 minutes south of Manchester.

We dont have a whole foods but there is one about an hour away. Im pretty close to a trader goes but i havaent been there for a while. I bet they'd have it.

Mermaid thanks for explainging the difference...i wouldnt be to thrilled with coconut egss either hehehe.

Well I have you all here, how much of this stuff should i try to get in my diet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast