I agree. I learned this at a young age when I would go into the shower looking tanned and healthy, and I'd come out looking pale and feeling dry. My sweaty clothes smell bad, but my sweaty body in clean clothes has never smelled bad. And really, most bad B.O. is directly because of your anus. I've never had a problem there either, so I can only hypothesize. Do people have turds stuck halfway down their anal cavities? Do people not wipe well enough?
I don't shower very often, but I take steps to stay clean...
1. Saunas are the best cleaners. If I ever need a deep clean, I go to my gym's sauna. Wipe your skin as it heats up to strip all the bad stuff along with the dead skin it's attached to.
2. Natural antibiotic salves are your friend. You can put them on anything from athlete's foot to acne. Even just 100% coconut oil is a decent thing to use. You don't have to worry about side effects unless you're allergic.
3. Moisturizer. I rarely use it. In fact, I mostly use it after taking an occasional soapy shower. I'll only take soapy showers when I've been through some really dirty stuff. But I don't work as a garbage man or toilet cleaner for a living, and chances are you don't either! It's not a frequent occurrence. Again, coconut oil works nicely in a pinch. A nice lubricant too, I might add.
4. Hand soap. I keep the hands clean with Dr. Bronners.
5. Showering. When I do, I use a couple wash cloths. Usually no soap and never any shampoo. Occasional soap on your hair will not kill it.
6. Bidets. I highly recommend these over just using toilet paper. It's a lot cleaner (health-wise and smell-wise), and it even saves some trees.