Thread: Healing Androgenetic Alopecia? page

alflo is offline Junior Member

Healing Androgenetic Alopecia?

Shop Now
    I'm wondering if anyone has been able to reverse hair loss with a paleo or AIP diet?

I am a 23 year old female and have been dealing with thinning hair since high school (visible on the crown area). Previously I had long, incredibly thick healthy hair. The texture became more coarse and dry even though I am pretty gentle with it. I've been to dermatologists, an endocrinologist and consulted my ob/gyn-but nothing has indicated the cause. (I've had various hormones and thyroids tested multiple times)

Over the years there have been periods when it has gotten a little thicker due to being on a birth control pill or rogaine. However, I've stopped using both in the last six months because neither seemed to be as effective as they once were. (And I'd prefer to treat it naturally)

I'm willing to try anything at this point. I've researched the autoimmune protocol diet, but it seems as if it only treats alopecia areata.

Has anyone had any luck treating hair loss with no apparent cause?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    There's a book on Danny Roddy's web site called Hair like a Fox that might interest you, and also red light therapy.