Thread: If Insulin is too high do we release glycogen? page

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member

If Insulin is too high do we release glycogen?

Shop Now
    That title sums it up. I've just never heard that, and can't find anything online about it. My friend has a condition where his insulin is so high that he gets blood sugar spikes (up to 300) and the doc says it's because the hypothalamus tries to regulate the two, so it releases the stored glucose in the liver.

If anyone has more info about this I'd appreciate it.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    does he have hypoglycemia when he does eat? like, does eating, esp high fat make his blood sugar drop.... my blood sugar stays in the 90's UNTIL i eat, and then drops to the upper 50's or low 60's....anyone know anything about that?

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    does he have hypoglycemia when he does eat? like, does eating, esp high fat make his blood sugar drop.... my blood sugar stays in the 90's UNTIL i eat, and then drops to the upper 50's or low 60's....anyone know anything about that?
    Interesting. Based on his glucose levels (which he just started checking) I think he almost always has hyperglycemia, but his doc is saying he has hyperinsulinema hypoglycemia, and they high blood sugar is very temporary and is caused by his brain trying to even out the insulin/sugar ratio. Too much insulin = release of glucose from the liver which causes high blood sugar.

The whole thing sounds weird to me. We'll know more as he continues to check his blood sugar. I have a feeling it's always high, which suggests this doctor is incorrect.