Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK-based UNSALTED grass-fed butter? page

Lspoor is offline Junior Member

Talking UK-based UNSALTED grass-fed butter?

Shop Now

Hi guys, tried making bulletproof coffee this morning, it tasted muchos salty, that's when I double-checked the label on my grass-fed kerrygold butter and realised it had added SALT! I looked in the supermarket for an unsalted version of kerrygold but there wasn't one.

Although there were other unsalted butters, the label on any of these didn't specify whether they were from grass-fed cows. (Usually just saying made from Milk of dairy cows in uk..which in theory means it might not be strictly grassfed).

Sooo I was wondering if anyone knows of an unsalted grass-fed butter in UK-based supermarkets? Morrisons is my local but can make it to a Tesco/Sainsburys 30min away if needed.

Maybe I'm, being pedantic but it would be great to know I'm eating grassfed rather than wondering!

Just realised my post looks a little like I'm looking for butter that has been grass-fed rather than butter from cows that have been grass-fed, but you know what I mean I'm sure!

earthlymumma is online now Senior Member
    I tried coffee with salted organic butter, and had to choke it down.

I've found grassfed butter but its salted too. So I put coconut oil in my coffee, with some cocoa powder, vanilla essence, and honey or coconut sugar. Yum.

Sorry that doesn't help you.

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Kerrygold is available in the USA unsalted if that is of any help. Seems to be in the UK as well. Products

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Try Graham's Dairy butters (and milk and cream). They do an organic unsalted butter and were happy to confirm to me last year that all their cows are grass-fed. They're reasonably local to you, in Perthshire, so you shouldn't have a problem sourcing their products - even the ASDA in Forfar sells them!

Todmorden - tha be in t'Yorkshire, aye lad.
    UK cows eat grass and silage at least 70% of the time, it's just cheaper in the UK to grow grass than buy in feed. So any British butter will be mainly grass fed, Even the cheap 99p stuff. Soil association organic have strict standards as to the amount of time on grass they cows get, so any unsalted SA butter is good - Sainsburys do unsalted organic butter (and double cream too) I would guess most big supermarkets would do one too.

Lidl do 2 types of unsalted butter, one is specifically marked UK butter ( the shiny pack ) 99p 250g

Ooh no that sounds delicious I'll try that!

Quote Originally Posted by earthlymumma View Post
    I tried coffee with salted organic butter, and had to choke it down.

I've found grassfed butter but its salted too. So I put coconut oil in my coffee, with some cocoa powder, vanilla essence, and honey or coconut sugar. Yum.

Sorry that doesn't help you.

Thanks guys! I've had the Grahams milk will keep an eye out for their butter too! Thanks for all the help, much appreciated! I'm getting into this type of coffee I do find it very satieting and tasty, but I'll experiement with things like cinnamon, once I've found the right butter too!

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    I think "Yeo Valley" is another grass-fed dairy brand, available over there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast