Thread: Type 2 diabetes cyclic low carb? page

rockapig is offline Junior Member

Type 2 diabetes cyclic low carb?

Shop Now
    Anyone have any experience using a cyclic low carb approach to controlling type 2 diabetes? I've been using a low carb approach with good results but seem to hit a wall during some training sessions wondering if one carb up meal per week would help (thinking sweet potato plus some fruit) thanks

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    adding back carbohydrate can only help with insulin sensitivity. It did for me. Started with A1c's of 9.9, keto took me down to 5.5, I now consume up to 250g of carbohydrate daily with an A1c of 5.0.

Also, look in to resistant starch, I'm using some lately and can't wait to see my a1c's in a couple months.

Wow that's amazing currently consuming around 50 to 60 gm a day with last couple a1cs 5.6. Would like to bump that up to 75 to 100 post workout. I'll have to look into resistant starch

YvonneJean is offline Junior Member
    I am a diabetic. I haven't tried cycling carbs yet, but I have been trying resistant starch for the past few weeks. I started small and am up to 1.5 TBL before bed. It has dropped my fasting blood sugar levels 20 points or so, which considering my blood sugar goes up when I sleep has been great.

What kind or brand of rs are you guys using?

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockapig View Post
    What kind or brand of rs are you guys using?
    3-4TBSP of Bob's redmill unmodified potato starch, in some yogurt, every day or other day as I feel like it. I also eat plantains and yuca (both high in RS) and sometimes have black beans (soaked for 24hrs, then cooked and cooled.)