Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with autoimmune protocol! I'm desperate! Please read! page 2

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    am with you on foods over supps, but it sounds like the op is a student, so don't want to presume too much.
    I think on both a "unit cost" basis AND actual probiotic content per serving, fermented foods win every time.

Just from the preliminary reading I have been doing though:

An Interview with Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
    Fermentation Friday: Probiotic Pills vs Fermented Food - Pickle Me Too
    4 Reasons Why Fermented Foods Are Better Than Taking Supplements | Extreme Health Radio - Your Healthy Living Resource
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    wasn't thinking of expense, but rather ability, access, motivation, follow-through, etc. i have a bunch of in-progress jars on the counter and in our small kitchen, honestly, they are driving me crazy, lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

wasn't thinking of expense, but rather ability, access, motivation, follow-through, etc. i have a bunch of in-progress jars on the counter and in our small kitchen, honestly, they are driving me crazy, lol.
    True that. You need water, salt, veggies, and TIME to make a good ferment. If you can't wait and want instant results...
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I do about 8 jars of different variety at a time. Shoot....3-4x/year and I got all I could want.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I do about 8 jars of different variety at a time. Shoot....3-4x/year and I got all I could want.
    You need to get together with me and share your magic "fermentation secrets," man. I ferment in small batches from time-to-time when I am feeling brave, but I haven't the experience or equipment yet to get on to trying large batches.

Although I did make some awesome fermented okra last summer which is fucking amazing stuff. It's about the only way I'll actually eat okra but I'll DESTROY that stuff.

catgirl320 is online now Senior Member
    Op, I am also dealing with skin issues and did see improvement but you have to be prepared for it to be a long term process.

There were lots of nightshades on your list. Research these, they are very common causes of flares. There are lots but I will list the most common. So you want to watch out for any kind of tomato, potato, sweet/hot peppers derived products. This includes starches, flours, spices like cayenne and paprika. Eating out is very challenging because lots of places season with cayenne or paprika, or marinate their meats in solutions containing some sort of nightshade. You have to get used to reading every label, and you will probably have to get rid of lots of stuff in your pantry.

Dairy products are also a problem for lots of skin conditions. Even raw and grass fed might be a problem. I have tried and can't use any. I have switched to using coconut milk for anything requiring cream. I use coconut oil or olive oil for cooking.

Read up on coconut oil. It is great for skin. You just get a tub of regular co and apply to skin (a blast with hair dryer will melt it if it is solid). If you don't like the smell you can use refined co. Trader joes also sells a body butter that is very soothing.

Since your list is so long, you pretty much need to rely on whole foods, not use prepackaged anything. Good luck. At first it is tough, but you will develop a new routine/food list and it will get easier. And once you start seeing improvement the sacrifices are worth it.

sent from my tablet

Papapoopy is offline Junior Member
    so did you take a course of antibiotics?

neck and drum beat me to it with the unreliability of food allergy tests.

learn to love sardines and other fatty fish and start taking good probiotics yesterday.
    Yes I did take Anti-biotics

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Who ran the allergen test, which test was used, and what was the recommendations from that practitioner?

General info:

Your gut health plays a huge role in you're bodily health and what foods may show as "allergic" to simply because leaky gut allows a variety of foreign (at least in this sense) proteins through.
    My Doctor ran the test, it was a ige blood test , and he said to avoid tomatoes, soy, oats, and limit the broccoli

am with you on foods over supps, but it sounds like the op is a student, so don't want to presume too much.
    Yes I am a high school student (18) with not that many resources, no experience in food prep/storage and not that much time. I think supps will be necessary but will any brand of probiotics do??

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Also how do you guys feel about Pastured Turkey? Is it inflammatory?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast