Thread: Slapping myself in the forehead! page

Gramma C is online now Senior Member

Slapping myself in the forehead!

Shop Now
    I lost my marbles somewhere and put my container of raw honey in the fridge instead of back in the cupboard. I have no idea why I did that. When I noticed it in there I pulled it out and slapped myself in the forehead because it obviously won't pour out anymore. I'm surprised I didn't find my car keys too. One of those days. I remember when I bought it the guy said if it won't pour to just set it out in the sun. Well, there is no sun here and if there were it wouldn't be warm enough anyway. Did I ruin it altogether? I know I'm not supposed to put it in the microwave. Can I put it in a bowl of very hot water?

Another one, I know this sounds ridiculous but I searched around here to see what everyone puts in the coffee and mostly I see heavy cream. I don't drink coffee daily but every now and then I get a hankering and used to load it up with sugar and creamer or I would get a fancy coffee at Starbucks... so I went to look for the heavy cream in the dairy aisle and just saw heavy whipping cream. Same thing?

Thanks for any ideas, suggestions, etc... I am trying to utilize the search before I post and must have missed these, because I'm sure they are here somewhere!

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramma C View Post
    I lost my marbles somewhere and put my container of raw honey in the fridge instead of back in the cupboard. I have no idea why I did that. When I noticed it in there I pulled it out and slapped myself in the forehead because it obviously won't pour out anymore. I'm surprised I didn't find my car keys too. One of those days. I remember when I bought it the guy said if it won't pour to just set it out in the sun. Well, there is no sun here and if there were it wouldn't be warm enough anyway. Did I ruin it altogether? I know I'm not supposed to put it in the microwave. Can I put it in a bowl of very hot water?

Another one, I know this sounds ridiculous but I searched around here to see what everyone puts in the coffee and mostly I see heavy cream. I don't drink coffee daily but every now and then I get a hankering and used to load it up with sugar and creamer or I would get a fancy coffee at Starbucks... so I went to look for the heavy cream in the dairy aisle and just saw heavy whipping cream. Same thing?

Thanks for any ideas, suggestions, etc... I am trying to utilize the search before I post and must have missed these, because I'm sure they are here somewhere!
    Put the honey in a pot of water on the stove set to low heat until it turns back into a liquid.

Yes, heavy whipping cream and heavy cream are pretty much the same thing. Just read the ingredients.
    The Champagne of Beards

Kris T is online now Senior Member
    Yep. Put the honey containter in a pot of water that covers the level of the honey and put on a low temp. Don't heat fast or on high. Do it very slowly. It will return to a nice liquid.

NEVER EVER put honey in the microwave.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

pilot is online now Senior Member
    Also, honey lasts forever. It never goes bad. I found two gallon jugs in my 90 year old father's basement that dated from the late 1960s-early 1970s when my brother had bees. I'm using it now.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    if it's any consolation, i put one of our cordless phones in the crisper in the
    REFRIGERATOR once

lost that puppy for a good 3 months

nary a clue until one day...........................

'course, that was a lot better than me putting the gallon of milk in the pantry instead
    of the fridge

tra la la la la

Julia

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    REFRIGERATOR once

lost that puppy for a good 3 months

nary a clue until one day...........................
    The fact that the fridge was ringing never crossed your mind?
    The Champagne of Beards

Gramma C is online now Senior Member
    Also, honey lasts forever. It never goes bad. I found two gallon jugs in my 90 year old father's basement that dated from the late 1960s-early 1970s when my brother had bees. I'm using it now.
    I've heard this. I would love to keep bees. It's on my "to-try" list. I'm just afraid they'll swarm out and then won't come back!

REFRIGERATOR once
    Yes! Glad I'm not the only one.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    The fact that the fridge was ringing never crossed your mind?
    Never ever even heard it once.

Not once!

The fridge is pretty air tight/sound proof with the door closed, then add being in the crisper
    drawer (which does jack shit, I think, besides making it more sound proof), and well, there you go.

And I really SHOULD have been able to hear it with my Amazing Ears That Hear Everything You Never Wanted
    To Hear Plus Your Neighbor's Noise 50 Houses Down, but I think with the other phone ringing in its place
    as well, it never clicked... and the battery died too, so, there's that.

Whew, thankfully I justified THAT all away. Snort.

~Anonymous