Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whole trout? page

MarielleGO is offline Senior Member

Whole trout?

Primal Fuel
    Can somebody give me a good recipe for oven baked whole trout without lemon?
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Calories? Aren't that those little creatures that live in my closet and shrink my clothes at night?
    AN EARTH WARRIOR!!!!

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Pat of butter in the cavity, salt/pepper/garlic/rosemary. Wrap in foil, put in 375 degree preheated oven for about 30mins.

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    I love stuffing the cavity with fresh herbs and baking. I serve it with a garlic dill aioli. What herbs I use depends on what I have growing at the time. I only use a small amount of stronger herbs like thyme and oregano and mix them with other milder herbs since trout has a delicate flavor.

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Similar to what they said, stick a bunch of butter and herbs inside and bake it in the oven. Slices of citrus are good but optional.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    I grind up to taste rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and winter savory very finely. I melt a lot of butter and mix the spices and butter before hand.

Then you rince the trout and really cover it with the butter, inside and out then wrap in tin foil and sit it on a cookie sheet in the oven. I cook at 425 F but my oven is a special butterfly your may work better at lower temp.

usually 15 to 20 min in the oven is fine. Cook till done and make sure you save the butter juices.

once the fish is cooked and served I pour the juices over the top like a sauce. Goes very well with rice and if you have roasted veggies they go well with the juice as well.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Stick a couple bay leaves in it's belly. Finish with some herby garlicky mayo.

Make a foil pouch and add herbs, garlic, and white wine. I think thyme is more traditional, but I like rosemary too. You can steam smallish vegetables and potatoes in the pouch too.

Slash the skin and rub fennel fronds or seeds, dot with butter, and give it enough heat to crisp the skin.

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    I had this once in a restaurant and asked the chef for the recipe: melt some butter in a pan, and over a very low heat soft flaked almonds in butter until the butter is absorbed by the almonds. Then crush in some garlic, add a couple of handfuls of chopped fresh dill, and stuff the cavity of the trout with this. Brush the skin of the trout with a bit of melted butter left in the pan you cooked the almonds in, wrap and bake as usual. It's not for every day, but it is so delicious ...

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Bake it in salt crush trust me it's easy

From London England UK

Lazyturtle is offline Junior Member
    In the last year I stopped adding salt to things. Then pretty much..anything. What I'd do is just cook the fish and eat it...LOVE the natural flavor of seafood and meat.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    I love stuffing fish with olives, capers, fennel and tomatoes - with olive oil too of course

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast