Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (BestLife) page 3

clayberg is offline Junior Member

SALSA dancing sounds fun!!

NEAN is kewl

Have a great Sunday!

Stacey

BestLife Guest

Thanks Stacey!

Well, just wanted to note that I can't stop feeling hungry and looking for munchies. So friggin annoying. I'm not sure what my body is trying to tell me.

Snacks this evening: tomato/mozzarella, smoked salmon w/crm cheese, and some sunflower seeds. 1 sml cube dark chocolate.

In recent past, this would have been a full-blown carb binge. I should at least be glad about how I kept it 'good' food, despite the fact that the best thing would have been to just zip them lips!

BestLife Guest

Intermittent fast today. We'll see how long I last given that I'm starting out hungry. Hmph. But I want to stay the WHOLE day and night until tomorrow morning.

BestLife Guest

Danced fast salsa for 2 hours, fasted.

Drank 3 coffees w/hnh today, and tea and water. No food. Holding on strong.

BestLife Guest

8/17

Weight down to 146.7 this morning - wow, almost 3 lbs from a one day fast.

Broke the fast after about 35 hrs with a 1/2 cup of whole-milk cottage cheese with 1 tbsp of pecan bits in it and cinnamon. Of course had my obligatory 2 coffees w/hnh.

abt 3 hrs later enjoyed a bunless bacon cheeseburger at Fudruckers, with some shredded iceberg lettuce, 2 thin slices tomato, some pickles and jalapenos, and maybe 1/2 teaspoon of mayo. Yum.

Dessert back home: 1/2 cup coffee w/hnh, 6 hazelnuts w/one small cube of 71% cacao chocolate.

Planned dinner: chicken leg quarter thawing. Probably add cukes on the side.

Good day!

BestLife Guest

Snacked in the afternoon on some extremely ripe and delicious nectarine. Irresitibly good. And a handful of blueberries, plus slice of cheese and some hazelnuts, and tea.

Ran outside for 4 miles. Felt noticeably stronger than usual right on the start - felt I was going faster and feeling less fatigue very early. I ran with a smile on my face and enjoyed the whole thing. I also made it in 5 minutes LESS than the same route on Thursday last week - that's a little over 10% off!! Woot!

Dinner, not that hungry, so gave the boys some leftovers and fried myself three eggs in some butter. Also had more nectarine - probably a whole one (1/2 earlier, 1/2 now), which is more than I usually let myself. But it's so good. Also had some pecans, and some green tea.

Good night, Primal peeps!

BestLife Guest

8/18

Weight up 1 lb this morning. 147.6

Decided to fast until lunch. Broke my fast at about 12:30 p with some pecans. Lunch didn't come until 2 p: grilled chicken leg quarter, 1/4 red pepper and 1/2 avocado. Handful blueberries.

3 coffees w/hnh today (I'm trying to only have 2, oops)

No workout - too busy doing back taxes (double oops).

Feeling less hungry today than the previous couple of days, and thankful for it.

Dinner: my husband's bastardized version of the Ethiopian dish 'Derek Tibs' - bottom round cubes sauteed with onions, bell peppers, chili peppers, olive oil and seasonings. Yum. The family enjoyed them with low-carb tortillas (we have no access to Ethiopian injera) and I was proud that I totally avoided grains, even the low carb kind. Just ate them plain.

Dessert: 1/2 nectarine, 3-4 blueberries. Mmmmm...

Food wise, a great day on plan!!

Oh - I'm noticing, that aside from the half-n-half in my coffees, I didn't have any dairy today.

Cool!

BestLife Guest

8/19

My weight is exactly what it was yesterday morning. I'll take that.

Fasted crazy hard workout at the gym with my trainer and workout partner. lots of box jumps, squats, pushups of all varieties, jumpropes, and some chest and abs work. So much fun, it went by too fast!

Brunch: 3 hardboiled eggs chopped w/half avocado, salt/pepper. 6 hazelnuts. and coffee, but of course!

Watched the kids eat non-primal lunch at a pasta place. Had an Americano from Starbucks instead, and water. Not particularly hungry for lunch anyway.

late afternoon snack: few hazelnuts, ~3 oz smoked wild Alaskan salmon w/2 T cream cheese and other half of avocado (these are quite small, actually). YUM!

Later, will have 'derek tibs' leftovers for dinner. Probably some fruit and tea, too.

Another great day, feeling good, strong, and committed. YEE HAW!

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I like your journal! :]

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123