Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sometimes I just like to stir page

Suse is offline Senior Member

Red face sometimes I just like to stir

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    mentioned to someone in the kitchen that "I wouldnt choose to eat that bread" that they were buttering (well thats not strictly true of course cause sometimes I give into the craving . But I know this person has trained as a nutritionist... well it was quite interesting the defensiveness that came from them. I'd only lost the weight because I'd cut out a whole food group and my kilojoules were probably less and 60% of our diet is supposed to be made up from carbs, and they studied that at university. Ok whatever. I was merely saying I wouldnt eat that bread myself... She went away kind of angry...

I couldnt help but wonder if she would feel the same way when she hits her 40's and starts packing it on. But from now on, I think I'll keep my thoughts to myself, but as I say, sometimes a little stir of the pot is fun

I know we've all been through this at some time... just thought I'd post my own experience of it.

I have decided that it is easier for me to live my life the way I see fit and not really even bring up my primal lifestyle. People have been (fed) PUN INTENDED ;-) this conventional wisdom for so long that thy wont as much as listen to a different theory, even though I am melting the fat away and feel great with endless energy and get to eat the foods that I love....oh well, keep doing what your doing and stir things up all you want, I must agree, I do it sometimes too

avocado is offline Senior Member
    I don't know, I probably would have felt judged too.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    but avocado, people judge us all the time when we eat our bacon and eggs?

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    I love it when people judge me for eating bacon and eggs. I just do a little flex and laugh my ass off.

Robeil is offline Senior Member
    I don't tell anyone I am doing primal and eating lots of fats and meat... I just happen to mention to someone that I stopped eating grains, pasta, potatoes, sugar etc. and more fat... and they freaked "MORE FAT!!!" I felt the need to add that it was only good fats *rolling eyes*, because I knew it was going to be a big explanation, which I wasn't up to doing. The only thing my immediate family has notice is that I don't eat carbs at all anymore...My DD is starting to do the same, I think she's reading my Primal Blueprint book in the bathroom, she's really cut down her carbs

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    but avocado, people judge us all the time when we eat our bacon and eggs?
    I guess you didn't grow up hearing "and would you follow everybody off a cliff too" as much as I did

I'm just saying that, honestly, I would have found that rude. YMMV.

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    What's a DD Robeil? People use these type of abbreviations all the time and I have no freakin' clue what it's supposed to mean.

Robeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebike View Post
    What's a DD Robeil? People use these type of abbreviations all the time and I have no freakin' clue what it's supposed to mean.
    LOL @ mikebike ... DD = dear daughter, DS = dear son, DH = dear husband, or it could be damn husband depending on the context of the sentence LOL

Puddymama is offline Senior Member
    DD = Dear daughter
    DH = Dear husband
    DW = Dear Wife

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast