Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dam articles like these make me angry. page

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member

Angry Dam articles like these make me angry.

Eating meat isn't natural: it's carnism
    http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2929721.htm

Give me a BREAK.

The traditional argument for eating meat is 'We've always done it', but we've always murdered, raped and pillaged, yet we don't justify those actions today by their historical context. And while debates will forever continue about whether humans evolved as herbivores or omnivores, the point is that in much of the industrialised world today, we don't need to eat meat to survive, nor to be healthy - eating it is a choice, although not necessarily an informed one.
    Argh

Suse is offline Senior Member
    well I for one like eating meat and nothing anybody ever says is going to change my mind. If we analyse anything for long enough, we'll find that everything we do is bad...

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Lol the arguments these people come up with...
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    More meat for me.

Acmebike is offline Member
    My consumption of meat is certainly informed. I eat meat, and animal products, as the majority of my diet as I am lucky to live where I can source meat from wild game, fish, fowl and "wild" beef that is sustainably, ethically harvested with as small a carbon/petroleum footprint as is possible. It is also the basis of a sound human nutritional plan. Certainly a far better food plan than mono-culture grain/legume based, petroleum dependent diets that are touted as better morally/ethically/environmentally in just such rubbish articles as that paleo_rob posted! The next 40/50 years of my eating plan will leave me with far fewer apologies to make to future generations.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Tom Naughton of fathead the move fame made the interesting point about how vegetarians are a self selecting group. Most people, like him, try vegetatarianism because they believe it to be healthier and end up miserable, sick and fat, so they give up. Those who persevere are likely to be that small proportion of the population who can do well on such a diet. Vegetarians remain a small proportion of the population, but sadly those who continue to eat meat limit it in the mistaken impression that they are improving their health by keeping meat intake down. I am often heartened at how busy the meat department of my supermarket is so busy.

Here's a the interview with Tom - it's good if you can wade through all the irritating adverts: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...r-human-radio/

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Ah, I love people who stay in their little ideological echo chambers and don't look at science.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like she's into veggism. Maybe she has ismism, the need to make up an ism for everything. I bet a good steak would help to cure that one.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daemonized View Post
    sounds like she's into veggism. Maybe she has ismism, the need to make up an ism for everything. I bet a good steak would help to cure that one.
    lol! Yes!

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Guess what? That same argument could be applied to eating fruit. It is a choice, a tasty choice, but not a necessary one

For all readers of Koran and Bible, the first murderer was a fruit and vegetable grower, the first murder victim was a herdsman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast