Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Your Biggest Problem Regarding Diet? page

danleigh is offline Junior Member

What Is Your Biggest Problem Regarding Diet?

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I hope this post isn't out of place here, if it is I sincerely apologize. My name is Dan Leigh. and I am a first-time writer working on a ebook. Since I don't have a mailing list yet it is hard for me to get feedback to prepare for writing other than via forum. I am a big fan of Mark's Daily Apple and figured this might be a good place to ask for feedback. I want my book to solve a common problem that people have with diet, weight loss, or natural health in general. I would love to know what problems you need solutions for. Any help is very appreciated!

P.S. Sorry for the typo in the title!

Dan Leigh
    Last edited by danleigh; 01-31-2014 at 05:04 AM.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Peanut butter.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

danleigh is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    Peanut butter.
    I hear you on that one. I'm a peanut fiend myself, but I try to only eat them when I can get wild jungle peanuts. They're always out of stock so that isn't too often, but they're so good. As for peanut butter, don't even let me near it! Thanks for the reply. I think I should include a section in my book on overcoming cravings.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i no longer buy nut butters of any sort. the jar and a spoon sing to me like demonic sirens and it's gone in a couple days. a billion calories later and "poof".
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Lettie is offline Member
    Budget. Good meat in the UK isn't cheap and there are 4 of us to feed.

If 1/2 lb a day per person is roughly what's needed, that is a lot of the budget gone just on meat.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lettie View Post
    Budget. Good meat in the UK isn't cheap and there are 4 of us to feed.

If 1/2 lb a day per person is roughly what's needed, that is a lot of the budget gone just on meat.
    learn to cook "off-cuts", offal and buy tinned wild fish. also? eggs.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Lettie is offline Member
    So, are eggs on par with meat? I mean, the meat ration could come down if eggs are included?

I already buy cheapish cuts (pork belly, lamb shoulder etc), but not offal or mince - I'm going to look into both these.

Sadly, fish and I don't get along - I've no clue why, but it's turned my stomach (even the smell makes me wretch) since I was a child :dunno:

Having a LONG range view of what a diet is for.

Most people gain weight over a long period of time, so thinking quick weight loss through diet will work is a bit crazy.

Diet is a life style just like hobbies, friends, social preferances etc.

It starts with food is a pretty good book IMO to understand the attachment we have to food both mental and chemical.

Danny

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Are you looking for problem foods or just sticky situations or what?

Problem natural/primal-ok foods are pretty easy:
    -nuts and nut butters
    -cheese
    -wine
    -chocolate

Problem situations (other than the usual ones like unsupported family/friends or parties or how hard it is to find primal food):
    -Drinking too much wine makes it easy to give in to temptation
    -It can be hard to come to terms with the fact that your body is not ever going to look the way you think it should look and learn to celebrate your body for what it is rather than hate it for what it isn't.
    -It can be easy to fall into traps that lead you away from your best health, such as falling for avoiding fat because a bunch of convincing people tell you that fat makes you fat and cutting it is the easiest way to cut calories. It's easy to fall into these traps because it's easy to take your health for granted and start chasing unrealistic body ideals.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    College Station, heck yeah! It's a small world after all.

I probably drink too much. When my friends want to have a party or play some beer pong, I always have a good time, so it's hard to refuse. It might have some negative health effects down the road, though.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast