Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How anal do I need to be about removing gluten? page 2

earthlymumma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    why do people use "anal" when talking about stuff they put in their mouths? just. yuk.

Yes, and "shit". Together they make for a great association to food!
    Well, the topic is GLUTEN, so its actually quite fitting. Although eating shit might be a tad healthier...

I dont panic if I eat a little gluten, but as time progresses and I feel more clean and healthy eating primally, I try to avoid gluten more.

And I think its healthy to hate something in a fun way

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I think it's good to condition yourself to make something other than bread or pasta the center of your meal, but I don't think trying to avoid it 100%, or even 90% of the time is healthy. Wheat tends to be a nutritionally-void and poison-inducing food in general, so I try not to eat it, but it's definitely not the end of the world if it makes its way into my food.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I'm 100% gluten-free at home, but when I eat out I try to do as best as possible though I bet some slips in from time-to-time, so, no biggie.

But try this: Go gluten-free for two weeks, assess how you feel, and then try introducing gluten back ad-libitum. See how you feel.

I tried that and it was what convinced me.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

catgirl320 is online now Member
    I have been thinking a lot about this too. I started an aip back in October. I found that wheat wasn't a main trigger for me, and I can tolerate small amounts well. I'm still limiting it, although I am going to try einkorn wheat since I've seen that people with non celiac sensitivity apparently can sometimes tolerate einkorn well. I can't use a lot of the gluten free products so I would like to have an option for the rare times I make something that calls for flour. When I eat out I don't worry too much about gluten exposure since nightshades are my big worry and I find those are much harder to avoid. A couple of times eating out I have actually had to depend on plain rice and lettuce for a meal so I treated myself to a gluteny dessert, and that was just my 20%.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Nillos is online now Senior Member
    I just like that guy's list as a reference:
    Archevore - Archevore Diet
    2 - reduce refined sugars
    3 - no gluten
    4 - reduce pufa oils
    2,3,4 => most processed stuff is already off the list.

As for myself I no longer regard anything bread/pasta/pizza as food and always feel the aftereffects when at work they use processed crap or flour in the stuff they make for lunch (even though I told them I do not tolerate it >_>)

Eric Garza is offline Member
    I think it depends. I can handle small amounts of gluten, so sometimes allow myself to slip. I wouldn't say I'm 80/20, but perhaps 95/5. Others are more sensitive, even dangerously sensitive, so they probably need to cut it out completely. You need to decide how sensitive you think you are, and act accordingly.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You don't have to live like a celiac. But you also might not see the benefits of this way of eating if you eat cup-of-soups and 20% of your diet is wheat products and commercially made foods.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12