Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicken? page

aknomad is offline Senior Member

Chicken?

Primal Fuel
    Any issue with eating a large amount of organic lean chicken meat? Grok likely did not eat much chicken. Thoughts?

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Organic and lean? Sure, shouldn't be a problem.

Conventional chicken tends to be pretty high in PUFA, thus not well regard 'round here.

M.

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Most of the Organic chicken I've bought is far from lean. I pass on the white meat usually and go for the fattier dark pieces, the ones with flavor.

Life was much simpler before I knew what a PUFA was. Figured it was a polite way to fart.

Demosthenes is offline Member
    Grok didn't likely eat anything that's available at your average American grocery store. Chicken is fine.

LoraEwinaga is offline Senior Member
    what is the explenation for non organic chicken containing more pufa?
    just curious!

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LoraEwinaga View Post
    what is the explenation for non organic chicken containing more pufa?
    just curious!
    Organic as it pertains to the animals' diet only means the corn/soy is organic nonGMO. It's supposed to guarantee "natural activities," but largely doesn't. Pastured chicken (raised outside on pasture, not just "free range") is what you're thinking of. Conventionally raised animals have more fat due to their grain based diet, so that would equate to more PUFA and worse ratios.

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sagarg View Post
    Hello,
    Yes there is a problem if you eat large amount of chicken because chicken has huge amount of heat in it, and that heath goes in our body and disturb our metabolism badly...
    What.

M.

miata is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Organic as it pertains to the animals' diet only means the corn/soy is organic nonGMO. It's supposed to guarantee "natural activities," but largely doesn't. Pastured chicken (raised outside on pasture, not just "free range") is what you're thinking of. Conventionally raised animals have more fat due to their grain based diet, so that would equate to more PUFA and worse ratios.
    So. There is no reason to believe that organic has any less or more Omega 6 than "non-organic" chicken. The factor that affects Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratios is access to natural food like insects or grass outside of a cage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Sigmoid is offline Senior Member
    Actually, getting good meat is not too simple, and requires some effort. The last time I bought a chicken at Target (a "vegetarian fed, free range" one), its fat was oily and of rather dubious quality according to my digestive tract... There can be a huge difference between a $8 and an $18 chicken.

As for Grok not eating chicken, I'm quite positive he did eat birds though...

mnal234 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I am trying to prove a point to co-workers , claiming chickens do not in fact have kidneys . i find that hard to believe . if any experts are here could someone be definitive ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast