Let me start off with a recommendation: anyone who eats grassfed meat should purchase Tender Grassfed Meat. Not only are the recipes delicious, it delves into the technique needed to get superb results when cooking grassfed meat. This was adapted slightly based on what I had on hand and my profound love of garlic.

Ingredients:

Marinade:
1/4 c olive oil
2 T Spanish sherry
8 sprigs thyme
8 sprigs oregano
2 sprigs rosemary
8 cloves garlic

Dry Rub:
salt
pepper
sweet paprika

1 leg of lamb
8 more cloves of garlic
1/2 medium onion

Remove oregano and thyme from the stems, reserving the stems for roasting. Remove the rosemary from 1 stem. Using a very sharp knife, finely chop the loose herbs and garlic together. The finer the better. Mix into herb/garlic mixture the olive oil and sherry.

Cut several slits into the leg and push in the 8 remaining whole garlic cloves. Salt, pepper, and paprika the whole leg to your liking and rub it around so it sticks well. Rub the marinade over the leg in the same manner. Place the leg atop the reserved stems and the extra rosemary in a stainless roasting pan. Chop the onion in medium dice and spread over the top of the leg. Refrigerate, covered, if desired.

3 hours before roasting, remove the leg from the refrigerator to allow it to come to room temperature.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roast the lamb, uncovered, at 425 for 15 minutes. Baste with whatever drippings are in the pan. Turn heat down to 300 degrees and roast for 30 minutes. Baste again, and roast for another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest.

Slice and eat.