Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lazy Caveman Wanders Toward Health... page

Lazy Caveman is offline Junior Member

Lazy Caveman Wanders Toward Health...

OK, Iím in my 3rd week of Primal and itís going great! I figured I may as well start a journal, too, and be all participatory and stuff.

Benefits so far:

-Lost ~10 pounds in the last two weeks. Iím currently 6í2Ē and 255 lbs. Working to reduce the second number. The first number is fine.

-Gone from sluggish, anxious, depressed to a much more balanced and happy energy, thanks to stabilized blood sugar.

-Lifelong gastrointestinal problems have vanished. Just gone like they were never a problem. I donít even get heartburn. (And to think, I used to believe meat, especially fatty meat, was a cause of heartburn. Nope, it was the stupid bread I ate with it.)

-No longer crave carbs, sweets, or snacks. Extremely weird for me. Iíve been overweight since childhood. I canít believe how easily those cravings went away (less than a week, really).
    Iíve also discovered www.localharvest.org and now buy organic produce and grass-fed meat from local farms. Supermarketsówho needs Ďem?

My wife also went Primal at the same time and is brilliant at Primal cookingózucchini lasagna, for example. She also owns a pet supply store and sells natural and organic food and treats for dogs and cats. For years sheís been explaining to people that common grocery-store pet food is full of corn, wheat, soy and other things dogs and cats donít need to eat. Turns out that was true for our diet, too. Hm.

So far our main form of exercise is walking the dogs at the park. Need to get some swimming in ASAP, itís like a hundred degrees around here.

Eh, thatís probably enough for one post. Does anyone know of any Primal meetups around the Atlanta area?

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

There are other Atlanta Groks on here so be on the lookout!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Caveman View Post
    I’m currently 6’2” and 255 lbs. Working to reduce the second number. The first number is fine.
    You totally cracked me up with this one! Haha

BugMan is offline Member
    There is a Facebook page, but I don't believe any of us ave actually met up. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...17810894896177

Thanks, BugMan! I'll check that out when I'm not at work--can't access Facebook from here.

BugMan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Caveman View Post
    Thanks, BugMan! I'll check that out when I'm not at work--can't access Facebook from here.
    Where the heck do you work? That has been considered torture in some circles.

Just in an office. They block social networking sites and other things because they have this crazy (okay, totally correct) idea that we'd just goof off all day.

OK, accidentally did an Intermittent Fast for 24 hours--just wasn't hungry and forgot to eat.

Weight is now 251, which is 4 pounds less than two days ago. (And this is after a breakfast/lunch of free-range eggs and a little cheese.)

According to Fitday, I'm averaging about 2000 calorie a day deficit.

Still have plenty of farm-fresh vegetables for the weekend. We also subscribed to a local community-supported agriculture (CSA) at a pasture farm with organic grassfed cows, chickens and pigs. I strongly recommend this if you can find one in your area--it's nice to see for yourself that your meat comes from animals living healthy and comfortable free-range lives. In my freezer I still have ground beef, a ham roast, sausage and cube steak left from this month's subscription.

Well, I don't see how the particulars of my diet could interest anyone but me, but I still think these journals are a good idea.

BugMan is offline Member
    Do you mean that you subscribed to their Newsletter? Are you talking about the one in Lawrenceville?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's in Powder Springs (http://www.brayfamilyfarms.com). We get an assortment of beef and pork cuts, plus eggs, every month. You can subscribe for 3, 6, or 12 months at a time, and the longer your subscription, the cheaper the meat per pound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast