Thread: Aloe Vera Juice anyone? page

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member

Aloe Vera Juice anyone?

So I had an aloe vera shake today which consisted of the inside of a huge aloe leave and water tossed in the blender. The guy I bought it from told me it is really good for digestion. I was thinking about buying some aloe juice (inside of the leaves) and making my own shakes. Their is one carb per 2 oz and you use 8 oz in a shake with 10 oz of water. Anyone else try an aloe shake before?

Pessimist is offline Senior Member
    I've had the pre packaged aloe drink called "aloe" (crazy name, I know). It was quite good, the jelly bits were interesting. However I imagine mine was full of sugar. Interesting idea on the shakes.
    The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being proven right or pleasantly surprised.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I've been drinking lots of Aloe Juice lately. I buy Lakewood Organic AV juice and it had 4g of carbs per serving (4 oz) . It's a refreshing low-carb drink so whether it's good/bad primal/not primal I'm going to probably keep drinking it.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I have a shot every day as part of my Youth Eternal protocol -- which also includes MSM and apple cider vinegar.

It is true that it is good for the gut.

I've written here before about the old healer woman I used to see in Houston. She is the one who told me -- from across the room, 15 years ago -- that I was allergic to wheat. She put every single person who walked through her door on daily aloe vera juice. She's how I learned that it could be ingested in the first place.
    Last edited by TigerLily; 09-04-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member
    I drink aloe vera juice quite a bit .. I buy it from Trader Joe's. It's a little strong if you drink if straight up, but if you put it with a smoothie or mix it with water it's fine.
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    I don't care for the liquid form, but since I'm trying to heal my digestion, I take aloe in softgel form instead:
    Now Foods, Aloe Vera Gels, 100 Softgels - iHerb.com

Easy to swallow, no taste or odor, concentrated dose, inexpensive, two thumbs up.

amyb is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by healthseekerKate View Post
    I don't care for the liquid form, but since I'm trying to heal my digestion, I take aloe in softgel form instead:
    Now Foods, Aloe Vera Gels, 100 Softgels - iHerb.com

Easy to swallow, no taste or odor, concentrated dose, inexpensive, two thumbs up.
    What else do you take daily and how much to heal your digestion if you don't mind me asking?