Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inner Thighs Question page

MsSmith is offline Senior Member

Question Inner Thighs Question

Primal Fuel
    I posted this in the thigh gap thread but no one has answered, so I am posting it here:

I've never had thigh gap but with this 26 pound weight loss, my inner upper thigh areas are looking shriveled - not pretty. The rest of my body looks much better than it did.

I don't want to bulk. I want to be slender and feminine and the muscles I do have - I want them to look sinewy. I can't join a gym.

I walk 2 miles on the treadmill at 3 mph every day that I can.

Any suggestions for this?
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member

Inner Thighs Question

Squats. I would try to get some sort of weights but you can start with plyometric squats, wall squats, single legged wall squats.

Also side lunges.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

TQP

Inner Thighs Question

Also muscles won't make you bulky unless you purposefully overeat protein and/or have the genetics for it.

I naturally build muscle easily for a girl and I still had to eat a shit ton when I was building strength. 3000+ cals on training days.
    Last edited by TQP; 01-28-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    JOURNAL.

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Squats. I would try to get some sort of weights but you can start with plyometric squats, wall squats, single legged wall squats.

Also side lunges.
    Thanks TQP. I have 2 each - 2 and 3 pound hand weights.

I don't have to increase my carbs and protein to do these things, do I?
    48 - 5'7.5"

"What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

"Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

TQP
    Get heavier weights...

If you are burning more calories you should eat more to make those up.

Another bonus to building muscle- you will be able to eat much more for maintenance and hence losing weight.
    JOURNAL.

I can easily hold the weights together to equal 5 pounds each. Not sure if 10 pounds total is enough to start out with? If not, how much? And then how much weight(s) to build up to?
    48 - 5'7.5"

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    I don't want to bulk.
    That's good, because it's almost impossible for a woman to bulk up without steroids.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

TQP
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    That's good, because it's almost impossible for a woman to bulk up without steroids.
    I don't know about that. I am pretty bulky by some people's definition.

But MsSmith is eating at a significant caloric deficit so it's impossible to be bulky on THAT.
    JOURNAL.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Hi. For example, I am thinking of Madonna's arms, I don't want mine to be that bulky.
    48 - 5'7.5"

TQP

Inner Thighs Question

Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    Hi. For example, I am thinking of Madonna's arms, I don't want mine to be that bulky.
    Lol. You aren't going to be Madonna bulky if you get 10lb weights for your arms I promise.

Get like 45-50lbs for your squats if you can. That is veryyyy light and you just go until failure.
    Last edited by TQP; 01-28-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    JOURNAL.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast