Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: Inner Thighs Question page 4

  1. #31
    MsSmith's Avatar
    MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,065
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel C. McGlothin View Post
    People certainly have widely varied definition of bulky, but below's a photo of me and I don't think I'm bulky at all. This is while Crossfiting 2x a week, hiking, skiing, climbing, and being on my feel all day for work. And eating between 3000 and 4500 calories a day depending on how hungry I am and how much time I have to eat. I think if you're eating clean, and not starving yourself to a super low body fat %, you are not going to look bulky no matter how much you exercise and lift. As women, most of us just don't have to ability to naturally build that much muscle. And if you want stronger legs, yes on the squats either air or with weight, pistols, lunges, box jumps (stairs, etc. can work at home), jump rope, hurdle hops (you can use anything you can jump over, at home I use a binder set on edge).

    Attachment 15347
    I see you now, pretty. Those are the arms I want! And the waist...
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

    "What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

    "Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

  2. #32
    Mr. Anthony's Avatar
    Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,250
    Ariel, is that in Colorado, by chance?

    Sent via lightsaber

  3. #33
    Warmbear's Avatar
    Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal Quebec Canada
    Posts
    626
    I have to say, skinny is not healthy looking. I dont know about you but yeah. Read this and tell me she is not feminine looking.

    Own It | Everyday Paleo
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

    Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

  4. #34
    MEversbergII's Avatar
    MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    Thank you nameless. Are the problem areas I am describing quads?

    I don't have any KB's and can't join a gym. The heaviest thing I lift would have to be the 24-packs of 16.9 ounce bottled water. And I am very happy when I get into the house with them and put them on the pantry floor.
    That's around 27 pounds, for reference.

    M.

  5. #35
    MsSmith's Avatar
    MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I have to say, skinny is not healthy looking. I dont know about you but yeah. Read this and tell me she is not feminine looking.

    Own It | Everyday Paleo
    She looks great, happy, and healthy. I personally would have switched to maintenance before I got to that point. I don't want my arm muscles to be that big (maybe it's just the pose she's in, I don't know), and I don't want my torso to be that defined. I also don't want my thighs to be bigger than they already are.

    We all have our dreams and ideals about what we want out bodies to look like. What I want may be different from what others want but it is not to say that what they want is more or less attractive. We should all have the bodies we want and I hope we can.

    If I find a pic that represents what I want for me, I'll post it for you guys.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

    "What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

    "Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

  6. #36
    namelesswonder's Avatar
    namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    11,975
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    Thank you nameless. Are the problem areas I am describing quads?

    I don't have any KB's and can't join a gym. The heaviest thing I lift would have to be the 24-packs of 16.9 ounce bottled water. And I am very happy when I get into the house with them and put them on the pantry floor.
    Quadriceps femoris muscle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Front of the thigh is quads. Any work you can do on the whole "thigh" area would help, I would imagine, and kettlebell swings don't just work the quads. You'll feel a lot at the back (hamstring) too.

    Kettlebells are relatively inexpensive, check Amazon. But definitely check out some videos first and see if that's maybe something you'd be interested in.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

  7. #37
    MsSmith's Avatar
    MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,065
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

    "What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

    "Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

  8. #38
    MsSmith's Avatar
    MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Quadriceps femoris muscle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Front of the thigh is quads. Any work you can do on the whole "thigh" area would help, I would imagine, and kettlebell swings don't just work the quads. You'll feel a lot at the back (hamstring) too.

    Kettlebells are relatively inexpensive, check Amazon. But definitely check out some videos first and see if that's maybe something you'd be interested in.
    OK. Thank you.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

    "What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

    "Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

  9. #39
    PrimalMama's Avatar
    PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSmith View Post
    I don't want my arm muscles to be that big (maybe it's just the pose she's in, I don't know), and I don't want my torso to be that defined. I also don't want my thighs to be bigger than they already are.
    You think those arms are BIG? remind me to Photoshop-slim mine before showing you

    The thinnest my arms have ever been was when I was working 50-70 hours a week catering & bartending, so I was always hauling cases of water/soda (usually 2 or 3 cases at a time) or garbage bags full of ice up and down many flights of stairs... Plus I was playing softball once a week for fun... I was also eating complete junk (and waaaaaaay too much caffeine), but I had pretty low body fat.
    Sedentary job (but I walk a lot 'cause I live in the city), eating primal & swimsprinting 1/2mi 3x a week = arms almost double in size.

    Yes, we all have different goals, desired looks, and physical limitations. I embrace my natural shape (I'm Shawn, not Nastia, Marilyn, not Jackie), and I've never had a problem with that, no matter the rude comments of some people.

  10. #40
    MsSmith's Avatar
    MsSmith is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    You think those arms are BIG? remind me to Photoshop-slim mine before showing you

    The thinnest my arms have ever been was when I was working 50-70 hours a week catering & bartending, so I was always hauling cases of water/soda (usually 2 or 3 cases at a time) or garbage bags full of ice up and down many flights of stairs... Plus I was playing softball once a week for fun... I was also eating complete junk (and waaaaaaay too much caffeine), but I had pretty low body fat.
    Sedentary job (but I walk a lot 'cause I live in the city), eating primal & swimsprinting 1/2mi 3x a week = arms almost double in size.

    Yes, we all have different goals, desired looks, and physical limitations. I embrace my natural shape (I'm Shawn, not Nastia, Marilyn, not Jackie), and I've never had a problem with that, no matter the rude comments of some people.
    Oh, Lord. I hope you didn't think I was being rude. I am not feeling anything negative whatsoever. I am almost always smiling when I'm posting, as if I was sitting next to the person I'm replying to.
    Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
    Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
    Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
    Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
    CW: 158 GW: 130 CBF%: 24.38
    48 - 5'7.5"

    "What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet." ~ A.F.

    "Exercising should be about rewarding the body with endorphins and strength, not about punishing your body for what you've eaten." ~ Unknown

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •