Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Spiritual Journey page 40

Wendy717 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have just had a thought. I need to use manifesting on my weight! I can visualize the number I want to see on the scale (as If I am stepping on it and seeing it in the meditation) and sit with how I will be feeling when I hit that number as if I already AM that number! I have no idea why I have not thought of doing that before! It might help me with the sabotage stuff too, as I could get used to feeling/looking thin in my meditations so it won't seem so strange when it's happening. I think I will start doing this as of tonight's meditation before I go to sleep. This will be a very interesting experiment!
    This is my journal page!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

My son is all set for the prom, but it was expensive! Oh well, I only have him for 2 more years before he goes off to college. Last chances at ensuring his "childhood" is happy. I am sure he will look really good for prom. He will be able to at least wear the shoes for next year's prom as he got them a little big.

Then we went to Pita jungle for dinner. I had a very small bit of humous with cucumbers and carrots, and then I combined what I was wanting and had a greek salad with salmon instead of chicken. It was perfect, and I will remember to do that again when I am wanting fish when we eat there.

The meditation process was interesting. At first when I tried to visualize stepping on the scale and seeing the number I want to see (135) it was black, I couldn't see anything. I really think that number is so far in my past that my unconscious mind doesn't even remember it! After a bit of trying eventually I could see the number and I spent a little while looking at it and feeling happy about it. I also spent a little time "feeling" thin in my body, and looking down and seeing myself smaller while feeling: proud, happy, excited, and relieved. So overall it went well, and I will most definitely be doing this every night. I want to add a bit where I am standing in front of the mirror and looking at myself the way I want to look.

This morning the scale was down .2 to 172 even. I also did my workout yesterday, all upper body lifting, and 1 hr between the elliptical and the bike. 760 calories total burned! I hit it hard! It feels good when I "get it done" like that. Cardio only day today.

I am ready to start my work day (after I make myself some coffee!!)
    This is my journal page!

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy717 View Post
    I have just had a thought. I need to use manifesting on my weight! I can visualize the number I want to see on the scale (as If I am stepping on it and seeing it in the meditation) and sit with how I will be feeling when I hit that number as if I already AM that number! I have no idea why I have not thought of doing that before! It might help me with the sabotage stuff too, as I could get used to feeling/looking thin in my meditations so it won't seem so strange when it's happening. I think I will start doing this as of tonight's meditation before I go to sleep. This will be a very interesting experiment!
    I can tell you that this absolutely works. It is extremely powerful. Be sure you visualize what you really want, because you will succeed.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I had two scrambled eggs, 2 of those yummy pork sausages, and a small apple for breakfast. I have also had a couple of squares of dark chocolate. I ate at about 10am. I slept well last night, lots of dreams again. A couple of parts were upsetting. I love how my unconscious mind brings up stuff that I need to process on an emotional level in my sleep.
    This is my journal page!

It is going to be a tight schedule this afternoon. I intend to go to the gym for cardio right after work, then home to shower, make dinner and take my son to his prom by 6:30, then to my meeting by 7pm. The tight part is between when I get off work at 3:30 and being ready to leave the house by 6pm. Getting dinner done will be the challenge. But, then again, I do like a challenge! I have pork chops thawing. I will need to get some cauliflower cut up and ready for roasting....

I had another small apple for a snack. I need something more before I got to the gym. Some more chicken and salad will do it I think.
    This is my journal page!

Everything went well and my son got to his prom on time, and I got to my meeting on time too. My son had a great time. He proudly told me that he slow danced with his shoe (!). I am so serious. He is too cute. He is very secure/self confident. He thought it would be funny to slow dance with his shoe, so he did. He danced with some girls too, but I thought the shoe bit was pretty funny.

I did 900 calories worth of a workout on Friday afternoon between the elliptical and the bike, and then after the meeting and before I need to pick my son up again from the prom, my housemate and I went for a walk and look in the shops on Mill Ave (it's a little like Harvard Square in Cambridge MA. Lots of college kids in all kinds of interesting get ups, and lots going on. Street musicians etc). That was fun, and I got in an extra walk.

Saturday we were up early and went for a two hour hike in Hell Canyon north of Paulden (which is Norther of Prescott). That was fantastic! It wasn't too hot this time, and there were lots of rocks to navigate in the river bottom. I did digress from Primal again later that day with a scoop of ice cream. Saturday night I met my friend from work who I chat with online every day. We played cards, and talked until almost midnight.

Mother's Day I found out a close long time friend of mine was found dead in his apartment. That was/is very sad. I am waiting to hear when the funeral will be. I went to the early morning meditation service because I was having trouble sleeping and kept waking up (probably because I had some strong black tea with my friend the night before)so I figured I might as well go. That was really good and seemed to re-charge me. The Mother's Day service was good, and I spent some time with a good friend catching up after. Then it was off to Trader Joe's for lots of veggies fish and meat as I had missed the Farmer's Market on Saturday.

When I got home I made ribeye steaks, brussel sprouts with Anaheim chili peppers from our garden bacon and cayene pepper fried in bacon grease, garlic green beans, a nice big salad, and oven roasted butternut squash for lunch/dinner. I had also bought some dark chocolate nut clusters and I confess that I pretty much ate the whole bag. I don't know if it was about Nick's death or just because they were really good (because they were!). I will try not to buy those again now that I know how irresistable they are!

The rest of Mother's day was doing laundry and dishes and other housework getting read for the week. My son helped, and he gave me a "worry stone" that he had polished himself for hours. Such a sweet boy. Back at work now. Happy Monday!
    This is my journal page!

I forgot to mention that I also made some garlic cayenne spiced kale chips yesterday, and I have continued to do the meditations each night.

I had a pork chop for breakfast and 2 cups of coffee so far.
    This is my journal page!

I went to the gym yesterday and did my upper body lifting followed by 33 min ellyptical and 15 min bike for 500 calories burned.

I feel like I ate a lot yesterday! In addition to the pork chop for breakfast, I had a large apple, some kale chips for lunch. Then for dinner I had seasoned ground beef, green beans, brussel sprouts, a salad, and a nectarine. I guess writing it down it doesn't seem like that much, but I was really full. Oh yeah, and two pieces of bacon that my son made.
    This is my journal page!

From Michael Bernard Beckwith
    Day 19
    'The real Self is God-given and cannot be denied. Individuality means self-choice, volition, complete freedom. -Ernest Holmes'
    "Live From Your First Nature
    ...Your first nature is Spirit. But at times you have allowed your second nature-your habitual patterns and false beliefs-to take precedence over your first nature. When thoughts of lack, limitation, doubt and fear are lodged in the subjective mind, a groove is forged and a habit is created. These habits begin to dictate your experience.

Affirmative prayer regrooves those hard-held places in consciousness where mental habits have take up residence. Through daily practice of affirmative prayer you direct your conscious mind to impress your subconscious mind with thoughts of positivity, with words of truth of who and what you really are. A new pattern of mental and emotional response is re-grooved into your consciousness.

...Today, refuse to play by the dictates of personal "bad" or "good" history. Play as a free spirit who is bound only by the habits of love and wisdom. Don't miss your meditation and prayer time. Use it to immerse yourself in the qualities of the Spirit. You will then demonstrate that the Spirit has no limitations in its expression as you. The love that you are knows no boundaries; the life that you are knows no boundaries. As you learn to go deep in prayer, your first nature and your second nature will come into harmony and balance. Seeming miracles will take place. Go forth and multiply the consciousness of miracles. I know you can!

AFFIRMATION
    I recognize and appreciate the God-self dwelling within me. I give this Presence that is my very life the freedom to be itself in, as and through me."
    This is my journal page!

I remembered a couple more food items from yesterday. I had a couple of slices of roast beef with my lunch, and I had some butternut squash with butter and apple pie spice with dinner. That's why I felt so full!
    This is my journal page!

Page 40 of 71 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast