Thread: Grass Fed beef online?? page

visionteacher is offline Member

Grass Fed beef online??

Primal Fuel
    I was just on another website, simplefit, and one of the posters said that you can order grass fed online often cheaper than you can buy it locally. Since I can't really buy it locally at all, unless its ground beef... Are there good/inexpensive online sources? Googling gives me options, but I'm sure you all know where the "goods" are. I'd ask at simplefit but the forum is pretty slow, and I know this one is usually hoppin.

~Mickey

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member

Thanks! I have to say, there is a bit of sticker shock for sure. Unless I'm just unrealistic in my pricing, I don't see how most people could afford to have a lot of grass fed beef. A dinner at home with friends is going to cost me over a hundred bucks, and that's just in the meat! That's it, no grass fed for the friends.

Primal is offline Senior Member
    lacense is WAY higher than most online retailers. I've ordered from Slanker's with great success: http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/bee...and_prices.htm

Thanks Primal, those prices are a bit more palatable. :-)

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    You might be able to find it locally if you search for it, I have been going way out of my way to visit every farmers market within 50 miles. Last week I scored, 100% grass fed beef whole, half or quarter for $4.25 a pound processed weight. I am putting down a deposit and buying a bigger freezer we are going for 1/2 a cow which should last about 1 year because this local farm only harvest once a year at the end of October. $4.25 a pound is less than I currently pay for ground grass-fed beef. I also told them I would be glad to take any bones or organ meat, or fat others didn't want to keep it from going to waste They said they usually have some to give away to customers who want it!!
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    You might be able to find it locally if you search for it, I have been going way out of my way to visit every farmers market within 50 miles. Last week I scored, 100% grass fed beef whole, half or quarter for $4.25 a pound processed weight. I am putting down a deposit and buying a bigger freezer we are going for 1/2 a cow which should last about 1 year because this local farm only harvest once a year at the end of October. $4.25 a pound is less than I currently pay for ground grass-fed beef. I also told them I would be glad to take any bones or organ meat, or fat others didn't want to keep it from going to waste They said they usually have some to give away to customers who want it!!
    Buying in bulk is definitely the way to go...and you get all that great stuff for stocks...

Primal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by visionteacher View Post
    Thanks Primal, those prices are a bit more palatable. :-)
    $4.88 per lb for high fat ground beef is a great price. I ordered 40lbs of it...

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    lacense is WAY higher than most online retailers. I've ordered from Slanker's with great success: http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/bee...and_prices.htm
    I can give Slanker's a second vote. I just placed my second order on Monday and it'll be here today (Meatsmas!) This time around, I got 130 lbs for me and some friends. The volume discount is pretty sweet.

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    I have a local guy that will sell a half cow, 100% grass fed, cut any way you like, vacume sealed for 3.30 lb hanging weight. Then deliver it to the house for $20. Once I get a big freezerI'm all over it.