Thread: Coconut = worst sat. fat ever! page

dacec is offline Senior Member

Coconut = worst sat. fat ever!

Primal Fuel
    This is what I was told by a new acquaintance while in her home.

Fist of all, I am not about to argue with someone while I am a guest in their home.

Secondly, I did not really know what to say!

Anyone care to give me some bullet points for the next time I am faced with this conversation?

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Medium Chain Fatty Acid that unlike other Saturated fats, is used for energy conversion Immediately.
    Then tell said aquaintence to get a life, and go online and read about it and get EDUCATED before they start and argument over something they know NOTHING about.....

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Blow their mind and tell them that coconut oil is better than margarine and that Styrofoam is better for you than bread.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Acmebike is offline Member
    http://www.westonaprice.org/know-you...conut-oil.html

You can dig up a ton of pro-coconut info. Weston A Price Foundation is a great start! I like your stance of avoiding argument while a guest, but even in a neutral location, you are not going to "win" over someone with that stance. They will simply have to come around to proper nutritional information of their own understanding. You can always provide that info, and help be a sounding board for them.

That said, coconut flakes, milk, and oil are a great luxury we have available in organic and non-sweetened sources. I'd say we are lucky to be Primal in today's modern world. Eat up all things coconut!

Thanks for the feedback...I am off to look up med chain FA's, something I *sort of* understand but not enough to make a case for one of my favorite foods. How sad!

Also thanks for the WP link

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Blow their mind and tell them that coconut oil is better than margarine and that Styrofoam is better for you than bread.
    Ok, gotta ask about the Styrofoam, I have noticed your siggy and wanted to ask.....more info please?

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Tell her that saturated fats in general have been demonized (not that there's anything wrong with being daemonized, but still) since Ancel Keys did his Seven Countries Study back in the sixties. His work is full of holes to say the least. So, if saturated fat in general as bad as it's made out to be then how can the saturated fat in coconut (which is not exactly like saturated animal fat) be all that bad.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The body treats bread and styrofoam about the same: trying to extract as much nutrition as possible from a fairly unusable source. It treats both much the same as it does for starving countries where people eat dirt.
    The styrofoam will most likely just pass through your system and do little harm. The body has no real way to process it, aside from the HCL of the stomach. This will create a chemical reaction that releases carbon dioxide, water, and a chlorine based precipitate, which will pass through the body unmolested until it is excreted.
    The bread is actually worse than the styrofoam, in that the body can "see" the minuscule amounts of protein and fats, and "spends" more nutrients than it gets to try and get to the protein, fat and nutrients. The added nutrients they put in are in a form that makes them either inaccessible or overly accessible, resulting in the body using extra nutrients to gain nutrients it may not need or try to attain unreachable nutrients. With the styrofoam, the body recognizes it as "not food," does the minimal processing to get it through the system and moves on. It recognizes the bread as "possibly food" and overspends to get minimal return.
    As to the taste, I have rarely seen people eat plain spaghetti, bread, tortillas, etc. by choice. It always acts as a vehicle for another flavor. So skip the vehicle and enjoy the flavor.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome