Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organic Sugar??? page

MoBob is offline Member

Organic Sugar???

Shop Now
    Organic raw evaporated cane sugar????

Good or just plain bad????

I used a tablespoon for my dry rub mix....

MoBob

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    What does organic entail? Lack of pesticide use and generally better soil. How does that resolve sugar's destructiveness? I think that it's exactly the same as inorganic refined sugar. Sucrose without intrinsic fiber to slow its absorption is all the same.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

dsantana is offline Senior Member
    I think it is the processing of the sugar that makes it bad. I am somewhat curious about the cane itself. As a kid we would eat sugar cane. Is that aany better for you?

MoBob is offline Member
    Lets see, reading directly from the back label: "Crystallized within 24hrs of harvesting, it's far less processed than refined sugar. As a result, it retains its natural color and has a subtle, well rounded flavor. Completely free of pesticides and genetic engineering in accordance with USDA organic standards."

Ingredients: evaporated cane juice from South America.

It's definitely not as white as table sugar and looks off white. Almost too sweet! I consider it the lesser of 2 evils. Fits well within the 80/20 rule...in my case;-P

It's essentially the same as the organic raw cane sugar in my 100% organic Green and Black 85% dark chocolate that I indulge in once in a while.

dsantana is offline Senior Member
    I think I will hold onto it in my 205, but honestly sugar is getting to be too sweet for me to handle.

If you had your mind made up already why did you post this thread? We can go on and on about how "natural" and organic and unprocessed it is, or we could look to the resason why sugar is unhealthy in the first place and that would be fructose unbound by fiber. If it is fructose unbound by fiber it is equally bad.
    Last edited by Stabby; 06-16-2010 at 08:33 PM.

MoBob is offline Member
    Well, when I went Primal 6 weeks ago, I was very strict and shunned anything that had any bit of processed sugar. Packaged foods were out of the question. Then I started questioning restaurant foods, especially the sauces then concluded they most likely had some refined sugars. Obviously, natural fruit sugars are OK in moderation. But when I used a dry rub recipe recently from MDA, my version was decent but I thought it needed a slight hint of sweetness. That's when I found my wife had a new bag of this "Organic sugar" and tried it.

So, I'm just wondering if any of the forum members have tried this type of sugar or are most of you hard core about "eliminating" all sugars????

We don't all eliminate all sugar. I just wanted to make the point that it's molecularly identical to the white table sugar and has the same effects. If you want to eat sugar, eat sugar but know that they're the same molecule and no better than each other.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    My mother now uses organic sugar and sea salt... problem is, she uses double the amount she used to. Why? Because it's organic/natural!
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Grol is offline Senior Member
    +1 what Stabby said. Sugar is tasty poison to me in any form. Even the stuff in an apple. Nonetheless a tablespoon of that poison in a dry rub for a few pounds of beef is something I'm bound to do from time to time. If and when that happens, it won't matter to me if the sugar is organic, agave nectar, evaporated cane, brown, white, or C&H. Teeny tiny amounts of poison are okay with me.

Sea salt is not as strong as the standard stuff. I use more of it too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast