Thread: Recapturing Salubrity ~ Nusaybah page

Nusaybah is offline Junior Member

Recapturing Salubrity ~ Nusaybah

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello everyone I decided to go ahead and start a journal of my journey into fitness. Perhaps this will keep my chin up on a dark day or something, and it will help with organizing my data lol.

A little about me. I decided to change my life around after my divorce in 2009, I was at my heaviest of 275Lbs and just miserable. Before that I had been studying nutrition on and off, trying to drop some weight after my daughter was born etc, but managed to just gorge myself on coconut oil and God knows what else hahaha! But hey, we live and learn right?

Anyway, fast forward several years and through Atkins, WW, hCG, Juice fasting [enter missing weightloss method here] and here I am at 27 years old, 5ft 5in tall, 137Lbs (scale said 139.2 today meh), 27.5% body fat. Im the definition of walking gelatin looooooool, not to mention I am dealing with a pretty bad case of insulin resistance. Ive battled these same 10 Lbs for a few months now and I finally decided to listen to my body. Its time to work out yo.

Mind you, I am very physically active, I clean hosues for a living and thats a minimum of moderate to heavy cleaning for 6+ hours per day 3-4 times per week. In the last week I have come to the conclusion that this isnt enough, it is good to stay active but Im not building anything new, nor is the activity intense.

Primal way of eating isnt new to me, I ditched the processed junk ages ago and had to let go of grains as well due to my insulin resistance (now I know that wasnt enough either). I ended up in here (long time lurker lol) because I must get fit. I have reached that point where, it is the only thing I have not done, and probably the key I need to finally get where I woudl like to be. Just normal. I made a huge mess of my metabolism throughout my journey so Im hoping that I will come out of this fixed lol.

Anyway, enough of my story, I tend to ramble often. I did my assessment today for PBF, and Im pretty weak lol. Im super excited though! I will not be doing the planks as Im working on healing my Diastasis Recti with a program called MuTu and I cannot engage my core in that manner until it is fixed. I will do the other 3 movements however.

So my starting stats:

Weight: 139.2 BF%: 27.5
    Measurements:
    Neck: 13 2/8 in
    Chest: 35in
    Upper waist: 30in
    Middle: 34in (you can totally see where I carry most of my fat)
    Hips: 38in
    Thighs: 19in each
    Arms: 11in each

PBF assessment:

Push Ups: Level 1 (I can do 5 half-assed pushups looool)
    Pull Ups: Level 1 (I can do ZERO)
    Squats: Level 3 (I can do 50! yey!)

I will be posting stats weekly in this first post heres to getting fit after weightloss! Thank you for reading!

-Nusaybah

Ok time for the weekly stats update:

Weight: 137 (-2 Lbs yey!) BF%: 27.5 (no change from last week, however I began at 28% two weeks ago)

Measurements:
    Neck: 12.5 in
    Upper waist: 30in
    Middle: 34in

So this marks day 7 of the 21 day primal challenge. Although as I have said before, the diet portion isnt new and I have been eating this way for along time now. The changes for me come in the physical area.

This week I did 4 hours of light aerobics (55% of my max HR), I did the squats,pull ups and push ups twice this week and I did sprints yesterday Im sore, but Im moving! This is on top of my already very active job so, I hope this gives me the results Im looking for.

Got a pair of vibrams finally. I waited over a year to finish off the shoes I had lol, they finally tore so, it was time for a new pair and I had my eyes on some vibrams for a good while. I started off with the entradas, they are a hair too small (or perhaps just need to break them in properly) and Im not gonna bother to return them. Ive done all my workouts in them this week and it has been fantastic!

Anyway, thats all for the update.

- Nusaybah

Week 2 updates

Weight: 139.6 (went back up O_O) BF%: 25.7 (- 1.8%, super awesome!)

Measurements:
    Upper waist: 29.5in (- .5 in)
    Middle: 33in (-1 in, wow! The fat is coming off the exact place it should!)

So, this week I focused on changing my macronutrient percentage. Im doing 50%fat, 30%protein and 20% carbs (it looks more like 55/30/15 on most days). Im trying my best to ignore the gain on the scale as I did lose an entire inch off my middle and my BF% did go down. Still doing 3hrs per week at 55% max heart rate, once per week sprints and the 4 basic movements twice per week.

We shall see how this coming week goes!

- Nusaybah
    Last edited by Nusaybah; 02-09-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Week 3 updates

Weight: 139.4 BF%: (will update in the evening)
    Measurements:
    Upper waist: 29.5in
    Middle: 33in
    Hips: 37.5 (-.5 in )
    Thighs: 18.5in each (-.5)

Things seem to have stayed pretty much the same this week, but my endurance has improved loads. It isnt as much of a challenge to do the 4 movements anymore and my muscles are not very sore anymore. The sprints were much more easier this week as well. When I do my hour of light cardio 4xs per week I also have had to up my speed in order to get my heart rate to 55% max rate. I decided to start doing my squats, chin ups and push ups 3xs per week now to bump it up a notch. I dont believe I am ready to move them to the next level yet however.

Im super happy I have managed to keep the same weight, that was almost impossible for me before, so I do see alot of improvement. I hope next week bring a bit more shrinking around the waist line

- Nusaybah