Page 332 of 551 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 5506

Thread: Turquoise's NEW journal: rants and raves of gelatin and law school page 332

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member

Turquoise's NEW journal: rants and raves of gelatin and law school

Primal Fuel
    The two models I am working with for Saturday...

I am mostly picking the second girl for her tattoos. Perfect for the rebellious look...

I am more crazy about the first girl's face. That gaze is amazing. Love.

I was asked to do a 90's grunge look for the other shoot (on weds, this time just with the second girl...I am doing 2 FASHUN shoots and 1 lifestyle shoot this upcoming week). If you guys know my style... It is NOT grunge. Lol. I said yes bc ummm I love a challenge!

TQP
    I think that mom has been super worried about me not eating "normal" foods. She didn't really need to cook for lunch today, but she INSISTED on cooking the 96% lean beef for me to eat. I kept saying "I'm fine... I can eat a kefir and some fruit" and she kept asking me...so I decided to let her cook for me, but insisted on NO OIL (since she doesn't have coconut oil or butter).

She made an amaaaaazing dish with bird peppers, soy sauce, onion, bell pepper. It was SO good. It was the kind of Chinese food I haven't had in a while.

Annnnnd tonight she's making lamb. I'm like 99% sure it's because she knows my favorite meat is lamb. I'm actually kind of full because I just had 1L vanilla bean kefir, and half a watermelon throughout the afternoon. I would probably eat a bit of her cooking for dinner just to show respect.

It's been too hard to NOT go HAM on all fruits at my house right now. There's so much abundance! So many types of fruits I don't bother to buy for myself because it's not on sale, or I can't carry it home (bigger melons, along with all of my other groceries), or too I'm afraid I can't eat it all by myself.

I'm not used to eating cooked meals 2x a day anymore. Lol. I've been eating fruits and dairy a lot for meals. It's nice having a mom cook for me... especially since my mom is probably the most reowned cook in the Austin Chinese community (she hosts cooking classes on dumpings etc at my house sometimes). HOwever, I'm TRYING to lean out. >.> It's hard to turn down food from Asian mothers though...

They're having organic corn on the cob, quinoa- rice porridge and lamb meat for dinner. WTF mom what are you trying to do to me??

I think she thinks I'm weird for not eating much else besides fruit, but my taste buds have gradually shifted from wanting tons of spice and etc. all the time to preferring the simplicity of having one type of fruit for a meal or a snack. It's hard to explain. I now know what fruitarans mean when they say their taste buds become really sensitive. The other day I just had a bowl of rice...by itself...and it was so...good. It was weird. I would have thought rice by itself to be boring before.

I'm getting my macros and my micros... I keep wanting to tell her. I'm not going to let myself run deficient on something. I'm not going vegan or VLC ever! I've learned my less about cutting out a macro or a micro.

I get "cravings" in waves. 4ish weeks ago I pretty much ate red meat every day or every other day. Nowadays I can't be bothered... but the two weeks of finals I realllly wanted starch. I kind of let my body have whatever it wants though... as long as it's not toxic or whatever. Now I'm back to just wanting fruits and dairy. I think it's because fruits are in such abundance right now! Mangoes and melons and berries are all on super sale weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Your sister doesn't look even remotely overweight, so keep fighting the good fight.

As to relating to people, or not, and feeling like an outcast -- as someone who has gone through things in life in non sequential, backwards fashion I can def. relate. Even now, I don't feel like I have much in common with most people my age, who are just now either starting to have babies, or have very young children.
    I never felt comfortable in a large group of people type of setting. I feel that the conversations often are inane and contrived. I'm not implying that most ppl are in any way stupid or that I feel superior, it's just that it's not my kind of thing for some reason.
    I'm not sure if the fact that I came here from another country has that much to do with it, cause I felt this way from day one when my parents send me to preschool.
    When it comes to friends and social situations, my motto usually is quality over quantity. Trying to fit in is not important to me.
    My sister is not overweight. Even if she was, calling her fat doesn't really make her skinny...cooking healthy, cutting out junk, and enrolling her in a physical activity she likes would though.

I'm trying to bring her along for my walks in the evening. I'm trying to teach her good habits like take walks, eat more fruit less junk, etc.

Also, it's really weird but my family is just REALLY critical of EVERYTHING. Today I giggled at a text + fb messages a few times (on fb I'm part of a group chat with some of my photog friends here...and they're posting Memes to it). My mom was like "why are you giggling? So idiotic." She doesn't mean anything bad by it...it's just how my family is. At 25 I've learned to finally let little things like that roll off my back...or body-criticisms, but my sister is too young to do so.

@ the bolded part: YES. I feel this way too. I'm not sure if it's because of ME, or because of OTHERS.

I have given up on "fitting in" or being "cool" (I'm too much of a geek for that), but I'm still trying to not ACTIVELY aim to be an outsider if that makes sense? Like, I don't want to isolate myself in my head.

PS.

Quote Originally Posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    That's so sad about your sister for me at least. I think I strayed dieting at 11, and that was terribly destructive enough. Though a donut is never good, maybe you can leave her with an appreciation for real food and health and not just restriction and empty hopes. ;C

The MDA drunk: drunk posting warning. I feel like I should add a caveat; this is my Saturday afternoon!
    I don't think a donut needs to be necessarily a BAD thing... IMO food shouldn't be viewed as completely off-limits, or else it leads to binging and guilt.

This is why if I want more starches, even though it's technically not that Peaty, I just let myself have it. I try to consciously make peaty decisions most of the time, but if I REALLY want something...I'm having that thing, whatever it is.

ekba09 is offline Member
    Yes - travel to new plants (and old ones). All over the US, Brazil, UK, France, China, Indonesia, Singapore, .....etc.
    Keeps things interesting - including food wise.

TQP

Quote Originally Posted by ekba09 View Post
    Yes - travel to new plants (and old ones). All over the US, Brazil, UK, France, China, Indonesia, Singapore, .....etc.
    Keeps things interesting - including food wise.

What are some "weird" foods??? I wanna know.

I love food stories. Man vs. Food is an awesome show... XD mostly because he's trying to stuff down as MUCH food as possible all the time.

----------------

The power is out... the BIGGEST storm ever hit us... like it was crazy.

So the funny thing is that as a kid I ALWAYS brought storms to whereever I was. It ALWAYS rains on my birthday (mostly bc it's the Day of Great Heat on that year's lunar calendar... and it really is one of the hottest days of the year always, so I guess it's more likely to rain than any other time #chemistry). Every time I fly in to a place it rains. Anywayyyy. Now the biggest storm of this year yet hit Austin. XD

I realized my sister never got a present for her bday... in fact, she didn't get a present from ANYONE in March. So, I got a jewelry making kit and also an oven bake clay set for us to work on... The jewelry making kit isn't some crappy pink plastic beads either. It's glass beads and metal fastenings. She can actually wear it after we finish crafting. She used to love to draw when I taught her art... so I know she likes little creative activities. I hope she likes this.

I also got my mommy a food processor for mother's day. I bought some white oven bake clay to make something cheesy out of for mom on Sunday while my two siblings have fun with the neon-colored stuff. That was a pretty expensive amazon order... food processor, craft materials, and all...but whatever. I've been pretty good with not buying a ton of crap lately so I can spend it on stupid crafts to do with my siblings. No eating out, not even cheap sushi takeout once a week. I've been good!

YEAH YEAH I KNOW... jewelry kit for sister, food processor for mom, what a sexist right?

-------
    This is my "fat" sister. -_- see what I mean about my parents just being rude? She isn't even chubby.

Asian standards man...
    Last edited by TQP; 05-08-2014 at 08:07 PM.

TQP

New option for model just came in my inbox...

Dat face... I am obsessed. She is like an anime character.

Okay casting is over. Done. She is too perfect to not shoot.

I am rarely impressed by faces these days. That girl needs to be in NYC. Right now.

I am gonna email some agencies. See if she can be signed ASAP.
    Last edited by TQP; 05-08-2014 at 09:39 PM.

TQP
    I know it's weird to be excited over a model's face.

Buuuuut holy shit.

Ahhhhh.

It's too perfect. She's like a cupcake.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Pretty face. Buuuut Holy shit, hope you feed the poor girl!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. She's a tad scrawny.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

TQP
    Lol guys. That's typical model weight. XD

In FASHUN, skinnier is always better.

I have pretty much gotten indifferent to the skinniness of models unless her rib cage is poking out too much to photoshop or whatever.

I personally loved the 90's supermodels era when they looked healthy but thin, but what do you do?

Hermyone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ya bodies basically equal clothes hangers right? She does have an awesome photo face.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk