Page 292 of 568 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 5672

Thread: Turquoise's NEW journal: rants and raves of gelatin and law school page 292

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    No TJ here. Thx for rubbing it in!!!! Lol !
    That dried fruit looks tasty!
    K

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member

Turquoise's NEW journal: rants and raves of gelatin and law school

Remind me never to come to my gym at 5pm.

Fucking OHP peeps in the squat rack. I guess I will bench press right now...

Also fucking creeper circled me 10 times already like a vulture and I have only been here for 5-10 mins.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-15-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Also fucking creeper circled me 10 times already like a vulture and I have only been here for 5-10 mins.
    Whaaa?? You ran out of earbuds and angry faces? Or they just won't suffice for that level of creepiness...

TQP

Pancake: LOL I don't actually care. You would only repulse FASHUN bitches anyway with those shoes so... Not necessarily a bad thing.

K: I think you can get them at other stores! "Health food" section or store is your best bet. TJ just sells the same stuff as any other grocer, except they rebrand it after taking out common chemicals like sulfur, etc. Too bad they add inulin and gums to everything still though...

Gray: I had my earbuds in AND I glared at him. I think he might have thought I was staring though.

--------

Gym:

Press: 100x4x5. Meh. Not good; not bad. I didn't have a spotter. Male cheerleader was there but I was in an antisocial mood after Mr Vulture so I didn't enlist him. The advice to "go all the way to the chest" seems to be more applicable to males than females. Boobs get in way. D: I hit a boob today. #girlprobz

Squats: 135x7 (probably should have skipped these), 155x5, 160x4.5 (last one sucked in form), 165x2. I tried doing all of these with my legs hitting at least parallel. I guess might have built more muscle despite being on a deficit?

Barbell row: 110x2x5. I probably should have done one more set... The squat rack opened up and I got excited and ran.

20 mins of walking uphill with 20lbs of dumbbells. I might bring a backpack next time because my hands get tired before the rest of me get tired.

45 mins of of LISS on strider set to 7 incline (doing knee highs the whole time).

Summer I am coming for you. 🏃✊👊💪💪

Goal: lose another 2-3% bf before June.

------
    casual but FASHUN outfit for running errands and meeting friends for dinner. Having Mediterranean tapas... So at worst everything is cooked in olive oil... So not that bad.

Last edited by TQP; 04-15-2014 at 04:38 PM.

TQP

Well shucks due to the shitty weather the tapas restaurant is closed. However, we were in a very foodie-restaurant area so there were 5-6 options on the same block.

Dinner: mofongo (mashed green plantains with broth/corn) and pernil (pork shoulder).

Walked another 1.2 miles in the freezing rain post-workout to dine with a friend. She is an elementary school teacher and the gf of my study partner for law school. Food was delicious.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    To my mind, it can't really hurt to have lower protein days -- it's not like you'll atrophy from just a few raw vegan days or whatever.

I'm doing met about once a week right now -- that's a higher protein day (around 70g instead of 50) -- and I'm putting on muscle and loosing fat nicely. I grant you that I'm doing body weight, and heck, maybe it's slower than body building style, but overall, it's going well.

Getting about 20-25g fat (180-225 cals); about 50g protein (200 cals); and 400-450 g carbs (1600 - 1800 cals).

I'm really amazes and pleased by the results. I'm basically doing a yoga class per week, plus my kettle bells in between, and a little yoga before/after the kettle bells (so that's about an hour all up). We have started going for more walks, too, now that it's spring. But, not that much. :P

TQP
    I do think there is a difference between muscle from bodyweight and muscle from heavy deadlifts/squats etc. I have been strength training for about 2-3 years now (dumbbells mostly... and I was trying to go relatively heavy), but only started barbell training for serious last October.

The difference is huge. I built a TON of muscle already... 10-15lbs of it. This gain is probably because of some newbie learning curve, but there is definitely a huge difference between barbell vs dumbbells/cables (I never used the majority of machines... Knew they were useless for the most part). I did more plyometrics, circuit training, etc back then too, so I wasn't some wimp starting out on barbells. I already had a decent amount of muscle.

After a good 20 years of wanting nothing but to be fashion thin and not just thin... Nowadays I don't want to look like freelee or the other fruitarians. As much as the fashion world would love me if I was that thin... I want to look strong, not just thin. I was built genetically to look athletic anyway... Dad never lifted a day in his life and he has broad shoulders, a broad chest, and thick as fuck calves. Despite his mediocre diet (no junk food but a decent amount of wheat) and no strength training he still looks good at 50+. I think bikini competitors have a good balance of strong vs feminine, especially when they are around 14-20% bf off season. I want to have my default leanness around 17-18% bf. I think with training I can get there eventually. I think I might have the genes for it. I was never Kate Moss material and it's time I accept my curves/athletic build.

Plus... I love meat/cc/eggs, so I can't do what you are doing for more than a few days. Manchurians ate a ton of meat (their diet: red meat, milk tea, berries... Maybe tubers) and I am still a Texan girl at heart. This is why peat appeals to me food-wise. It allows for fruitarian meals but also red meat if I so choose... And pork and chicken in limited quantities. The diet appeals to my taste buds, even though they change, 90% of the time.

Tl;dr... Meat. Good. Heavy. Good.

I want to be super thin but I want them while I can still deadlift 200+lbs. I am willing to be patient for the leanness... Being a girl with girly hormones that love to store fat and all.
    ----------------

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26969150

TQP

TQP

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I spoke too soon about the weather.
    Just so you know, it got into the 30's here yesterday morning, haha. Needing a jacket in Texas in April just doesn't make sense.

And thanks for making all of them MOAR gelatin posts. That's the only major change to my diet in the last few months, and a very annoying pain in my left hand has finally disappeared. I'm not sure if gelatin's the main reason, but it probably helped.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.