Page 286 of 546 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 5454

Thread: Turquoise's NEW journal: rants and raves of gelatin and law school page 286

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I FILED MY TAXES!

Yayyyy.

I will get a decently large return too...well "large" compared to how much I made 2013 (dismal...lol) anyway.

Grafter would be horrified but for a good 30 mins I thought I lost all of my tax forms I put in one place. -__-

There's just piles of paper for law school/clinic in my apartment. PILES. Tons of cases printed out...also copies of stuff for journal.

So, tomorrow I will be cleaning a bit, going to the gym, and doing a bit of client-related work. Tomorrow night I will go to a restaurant to shoot for the website! The ballerina we shot other pics of a while back invited us to her performance so we can take some more pictures of her in action. She put three of us as guests so we can eat/drink on the restaurant. I feel...almost cool. ALMOST.

I don't have school other than on Wednesday this coming week... thanks to the weird schedule due to Easter-related holidays.

I'm basically spending as MUCH time as I can slacking off and finishing gossip girl (yes...I STILL haven't finished) because finals season is almost upon me...and I would need to start studying like 10-14 hours a day (Not even joking...this is how much we study around that time) closer to finals. Then I get 1 week of vacation in Austin, then coming back to cramming for the patent bar! THEN it's time to start working for big law.

Working this summer should be pretty much one big social event though...since big law summer internships is still just wining and dining the interns a lot. I would rather work to see if I like working, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by fcby9 View Post
    I'm mainly an MDA lurker, but I've always kept up with your journal! Your spunk and incredible food pics keep me coming back.

I kind of like the idea of trimming my own hair because I want to grow it long (right now the ends are right above my boobs).

Totally agree w/ you about shampooing every other day. I've also done baking soda + ACV for months, as well as a cold water rinse, which really work well for me.
    Awww *blushes*

I find trimming my own hair...cost effective. XD I just twirl+twist my hair upwards (like I'm about to put it in a bun...twist a decent amount), and then snip at a slight angle. Then I readjust/snip if necessary, but it usually looks like I didn't cut it at all, but now my hair is magically shorter.

I think hair cuts is one of those things I'm not going to bother with unless it's my job to look good (i.e. if I decided to be a FASHUN DIVA...probably not going to happen for a long while lol). I know an expensive haircut really does make a HUGE difference, but I just can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by fcby9 View Post
    Loveee this. I also watch the dating gameshow "Fei Cheng Wu Rao" to brush up. Hahahaha, I'm used to be being judged for loving that show. Totally eyeroll-inducing at times and probably somewhat rigged, but I don't care. It's so entertaining.

My mom says my Chinese hasn't gone down the drain, but I never have a chance to speak it much here at school!
    My chinese...speaking-wise... is okay. I had to speak ONLY mandarin at home...and so now it's kind of ingrained in me! I suck at reading/writing though.

Where do you watch the dating show?? I usually just watch "historical" TV drama/action series about the 7 kingdoms or something.

I remember when I was bored as a teen and watching Elimindate. Lol.

Did you do Chinese school on weekends? I was an art teacher for the wittle kiddies (4-6 year olds) but I didn't take any classes myself. Now I regret it... :/ My siblings are better at reading/writing than I am, which is embarrassing because I was actually born in China.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-12-2014 at 11:00 PM.
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    10-14 hours per day?! Fuck that - if I was once going to go into law, I'm definitely not anymore
    I'm not an emo, I swear

TQP
    10-14 hours per day?! Fuck that - if I was once going to go into law, I'm definitely not anymore
    Lol. It's only near the finals season.

This year it should be better because I am only taking two finals.
    JOURNAL.
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

Especially hunger.

TQP

Turquoise's NEW journal: rants and raves of gelatin and law school

Oh fuck.

So I finally put together that (duh!) nori sheets (for sushi) have carageenan in them.

Nori is made from red algae;

Carageenan is derived from red algae.

D:

Well, I already don't eat them that much, but ummm yeah. I guess even less Japanese cuisine for me... Bah humbug.

I feel stupid now. :/
    Last edited by TQP; 04-13-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    JOURNAL.

Especially hunger.

TQP

Ughhhh hives I hate youuu.

(My hands look kinda chubby lolz)

Fml. This kind of shit all over my body. I am super annoyed. Definitely cutting out nightshades and any raw greens for a while. No fried plantains or whatever else fried at restaurants to minimize PUFA.
    JOURNAL.

Especially hunger.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yeah, hives are not fun. :P

TQP
    Nope they aren't.

Today I was supposed to brunch with a friend... She forgot we were supposed to hang and planned for other things. I actually put this on my google calendar because otherwise I wouldn't be able to fit her in... But she forgot. I wasn't even that annoyed, given the fact that it was HER who was trying to hang out last weekend. Anyway, we will thrift on Thursday instead.

Also, I contemplated going to a friend's birthday picnic in Central Park but I have so much to do and the commute is 1 hour there and another hour back.

So basically today I am feeling a tad antisocial. I am supposed to put on my chipper face to go shoot the ballet performance tonight though... With part of my team in tow (makeup artist + wardrobe assistant).

On the first crush ever person (let's call him T for future reference)...He is on vacation this week so we are hanging probably next week or the week after. I want to change it to coffee or lunch so it is less date-like though.

On Date Dude... He is on a business trip for 2.5 weeks in Brazil, starting today. I said to have fun with the beaches, he said "bitches or beaches?" I said "well, both, I guess" and he responded "just beaches... No bitches." As if I care. XD (China was polygamous until the commie revolution... So we as a culture has been monogamous for less than a century. I actually have zero opinion either way...but default with monogamy which is what I have practiced all these years. However, right now we aren't exclusive. )

Good on him though, to feel the need to assure me. Super cute.

It's only 68 or so outside but it is way hotter indoors. I am contemplating turning on the AC even though I left the heater off all winter. Damn you peat... I liked it in the winter for being toasty but I have a feeling I am going to hate this hotter-than-average-body-temp thing in the summer.
    JOURNAL.

Especially hunger.

TQP

Banana-gelatin (used hydrolyzed gelatin this time for a less whipped feel) soft serve with mangoes. I wish I had some coconut flakes.

Ahhhh I get to have fruit. Life is so good.

Not sure how long I can last on carb cycling because I felt like shit until I had carbs today. I didn't want to do anything! Obviously I am not "fat adapted" anymore...
    Last edited by TQP; 04-13-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    JOURNAL.

Especially hunger.

TQP

Going through all of the dusty boxes shipped from Texas that I never bothered to go through. Found the one with bits and pieces of "all things TQP" my ex started for me back when we were together...Including a CD of my E!news feature, some UT scholarship things, some law school brochures and acceptance letters, and some Marie Claire stuff. Also had a broken heel (so me... The heel broke while I was shopping at HEB and then I kept walking as if I didn't have a broken heel so it's an inside joke) and this:

Engineering printed slides and engineering graph paper. I almost don't want to throw this box away... But I just don't have room for it. I am keeping the stoles from UT graduation and the e!news cd... That's about it. :/

I will probably upload the e! News stuff to YouTube and link. I haven't seen it all but once.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-13-2014 at 01:34 PM.
    JOURNAL.

Especially hunger.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    Aww. That is cute as hell. (Even though he is an ex)

Saved the pic for later
    reference
    I'm not an emo, I swear