Page 285 of 461 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 4603

Thread: Turquoise's NEW journal: rants and raves of gelatin and law school page 285

ekba09 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Nice looking roots at the farmers market. Thank God it is finally Spring in the Northeast.

As for relationships, I will quote stupid song lyrics: " she likes me for me ...... I like her for her ..... yeah."

Simple. Hard to achieve. This is life.

TQP
    TQP is offline Senior Member

Turquoise's NEW journal: rants and raves of gelatin and law school

Quote Originally Posted by ekba09 View Post
    Nice looking roots at the farmers market. Thank God it is finally Spring in the Northeast.

As for relationships, I will quote stupid song lyrics: " she likes me for me ...... I like her for her ..... yeah."

Simple. Hard to achieve. This is life.
    Hard to achieve for sure.

Me as a concept is probably better than the real me: stubborn, hyper, offensive (in terms of jokes/humor), harsh (in terms of words), and chaotic. Probably a bit too weird of a mixture of being egotistical AND filled with self body-hate at the same time.
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

ekba09 is offline Member
    Hmmm. The only you that matters is the real you. Concepts are fictions and fantasies.

The sooner we realize this the better.

TQP
    @ ebka,

Yes I know.

Maybe one day someone will love this chick who eats too much, is super messy, and sings along (and dances along) to the STUPIDEST songs.

One day.

Most guys I've dated have definitely been just fascinated with the concept of me, rather than ME, the person. Although I guess it would be unfair to say the guys who wanted to force me into the mold MARRY RIGHT NOW could have been said to supposedly "love me" huh? (YES I am cynical...wheeeee)

---------------

1. Bought a cheap leather skirt (I promise it doesn't LOOK cheap hah) for $10 online. Let's hope it fits well. I'm digging the black leather skirt + oxfords + tissue-thin tee shirt (maybe rock tee? or perhaps just a plain striped or solid) feels for this spring... sexyyyyy but casual.
    2. Categorized things to donate, give away via craigslist, throw away, and resell...actually I have a LOT more to go through, but I made some good headway this weekend. Dress that's wayyyy too short on me now because I have a real ass (on top of being tall)? BYE.

I think I will make a hundred or more on reselling...actually it should be WAY more... but yeah. Going to celebrate if I do make that much with stocking up my freezer with frozen fruits and cuts of meat!!

3. Brought out my sewing machine!!! Will be mending and tailoring stuff (easy things...not difficult things since I forgot how to sew really well).

4. Tonight's dinner: Made sushi-grade yellowfin tuna with a tiny bit of avocado (pureed, then mixed with chopped tuna with some sriracha) and tons of cucumber. Wrapped them up in nori sheets. They looked UGLY but were delicious.

I'm carb cycling for a month to lean out a bit more quickly. Wish me luck. Today was lower carb. I actually made it through the day (a feat for me nowadays), mostly because I kept it interesting with a variety of foods. I'm not really doing HIGH fat...just slightly higher fat on low carb days. It's mostly protein in the form of leaner beef, 4% cottage cheese, gelatin, lean seafood. Some eggs and fattier lamb. It's not really a Protein-Sparing Modified Fast on those days either... because I'm not eating just 600 cals a day OR am I just eating lean protein. I'm eating lowER cals though on the low carb days... like 1300-1600 cals today. My maintenance is around 2100, so this is a huge caloric deficit for me, considering some days I workout and I walk a lot every day just to survive in NYC. Hence the high carb days (lifting days) I'm eating at around 2000-2100.

I can't do high fat anymore. I can't stomach it...unless I was downing dark chocolate and nuts, which you know I'm not going to. :P
    Last edited by TQP; 04-12-2014 at 07:50 PM.
    JOURNAL.

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

ekba09 is offline Member
    .....so back to the Superhero TQP. I expect the peacock is the "smart one" of the sidekicks. The giraffe is there for muscle, and comic relief, and tall things. What are your super powers? Do you wear a cape? Do the three of you fight crime, right wrongs, kick low carb ass and spread dairy, fruit and gelatin around the world?
    Last edited by ekba09; 04-12-2014 at 08:25 PM.

TQP
    OOH!

Super fun question. More incentive to procrastinate on taxes. On turbo tax ahora.

Childhood: Peacock is my favorite animal as a kid! I still am obsessed with peacock feathers. I think they're gorgeous...and the colors of the peacock (green, blues, teal, purple) are my favorite colors. I love Jewel Tones.

Well, teal/turquoise is my FAVORITE color...which was why I was turquoisepassion (now abbreviated as TQP).

I was SMART, beautiful (LOL SUCH A GIRL), knew a billion languages, and my super power was being the smartest woman in the world (and also beautiful...so it's disarming). I think I flew in my playing/pretending too? I also had like transformers/chinese action heroes as my friends in combat.

Like the Monkey King (chinese folklore but amazing action story), which stupid Dragonball Z ripped off BIG TIME.

Now: basically the same. I still want to be stronger, hotter, smarter every day. Ideally I have the body of Marissa Miller meets Lara Croft, the brain of all of the Nobel Laureates combined, and lift a billion pounds. Lol.

This might have something to do with me wanting to learn how to shoot and me thinking about learning judo...

...just maybe...

CAPE:
    Seems like a bad idea. (Citing The Incredibles...because pixar is REAL LIFE). Although...I would look good in a cape *preens* #vainbitch #sorrynotsorry

So yes, I'm kind of living in a fantasy world myself. Sorry Knifegill...I'm the exact type of person you complained about in your journal the the other day.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-12-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    JOURNAL.

TQP
    This is one rendition of the monkey king btw, the most famous part of the VERY long story where he gets pissed that he was considered to be such a low-rank "god" in Heaven.

We have a variety of gods in Chinese folklore... the seas are ruled by dragon kings and everyone is ruled by the Sky Emperor.

Edit: OMG I need to watch this now. This looks like a good version.

I have watched like 2-3 different versions of Monkey King (the entire story, not just this excerpt unlike this movie) as a kid. It's a classic tale... and I was obsessed with the story because he was SO badass and yet so faithful to such a douchebag monk/master...protecting him from his idiocy despite the master wronging him so many times.

I mean the "martial arts" movies here are kind of boring compared to authentic chinese martial arts/action movies IMO.

I plan on watching tons of chinese historical + action tv series to brush up on chinese fluency. Dad said I'm still fluent but I really need to brush up on it. I don't speak chinese at all except to my family these days.
    Last edited by TQP; 04-12-2014 at 08:41 PM.
    JOURNAL.

fcby9 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    HAYYY HOW ARE YOU??? Where have you been?

Well, my hair has been long-ish for a while now. I stopped trimming it to around shoulder length around sophomore year of college. I haven't tried to cut my hair much the past ... 2-3 years? I trim it a bit maybe every 6 months with kitchen scissors (SO FASHUN...not) because I'm too cheap to get the $45 cut my friend can do even though she usually charges $$$$ for other peeps... but it always grows back to a certain length.

After I started supplementing with gelatin, my hair GREW another few inches on top of the "default length" it always grew back to after trimming.

I should add that I am pretty sure low carbing was slightly thinning my hair, because I had more broken bits of hair (i.e. shorter strands) last summer than now. I just didn't notice it at the time because I have a ton of hair.

Finally, shampooing every other day instead of every day has done a lot for my hair. I highly recommend it.

I'm mainly an MDA lurker, but I've always kept up with your journal! Your spunk and incredible food pics keep me coming back.

I kind of like the idea of trimming my own hair because I want to grow it long (right now the ends are right above my boobs).

Totally agree w/ you about shampooing every other day. I've also done baking soda + ACV for months, as well as a cold water rinse, which really work well for me.

fcby9 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    This is one rendition of the monkey king btw, the most famous part of the VERY long story where he gets pissed that he was considered to be such a low-rank "god" in Heaven.

We have a variety of gods in Chinese folklore... the seas are ruled by dragon kings and everyone is ruled by the Sky Emperor.

Edit: OMG I need to watch this now. This looks like a good version.

I have watched like 2-3 different versions of Monkey King (the entire story, not just this excerpt unlike this movie) as a kid. It's a classic tale... and I was obsessed with the story because he was SO badass and yet so faithful to such a douchebag monk/master...protecting him from his idiocy despite the master wronging him so many times.

I mean the "martial arts" movies here are kind of boring compared to authentic chinese martial arts/action movies IMO.

I plan on watching tons of chinese historical + action tv series to brush up on chinese fluency. Dad said I'm still fluent but I really need to brush up on it. I don't speak chinese at all except to my family these days.

Loveee this. I also watch the dating gameshow "Fei Cheng Wu Rao" to brush up. Hahahaha, I'm used to be being judged for loving that show. Totally eyeroll-inducing at times and probably somewhat rigged, but I don't care. It's so entertaining.

My mom says my Chinese hasn't gone down the drain, but I never have a chance to speak it much here at school!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I would say that high fat was unnatural for me -- and that since I went back to fruit, I have no interest in chocolate or nuts. And, the cellulite that I had is GONE -- what a nice bonus that is! I do have to eat more calories, but that's ok. I'm still only getting around 2000/day, though some days I jump up to 2400.

I also like having vegan days with meat or egg days 1-2x a week (tops). it's pretty nice.