Page 256 of 517 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 5170

Thread: Turquoise's NEW journal: rants and raves of gelatin and law school page 256

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mulberries — Dried Fruit — Nuts.com

^ Gonna buy this...don't want a 5LB bag I and I don't want to buy anything else on this site. Blargh. Might look on amazon.

Dried mulberries supposedly taste like granola so. I want to add it to dried banana chips for a breakfast granola type of deal, or for extra crunch on some of my parfaits and soft serves.

TQP
    I feel like SHIT today.

I don't know why.

Gonna eat whatever paleo foods I can...bah humbug...meaning more fruit than I set for my macros.

I have a huge headache too. Gonna drink a liter of water and see if that is still the case.

I *think* it is stress but I can't be sure. Either way it's a buzzkill...

I have this weekend to myself because third date is set for next weekend (he's outta town for a wedding or whatever...I forgot the reason lol I'm so bad) and my wardrobe assistant is styling the shoot on Sunday although she wanted me to show up just to hang. I might; I might not.

Hence: Friday, Saturday, Sunday are ALL MINE. This is so beautiful I don't know what to do with myself. My first weekend since the start of the spring semester? *tears*

Of course I still have 2 journal assignments, a provisional patent, and a patent prosecution project but DUDE usually I have to do those on TOP of shoots and dates and such.

Anyway...will be sleeping and cleaning and lifting all weekend.
    Last edited by TQP; 03-27-2014 at 05:13 PM.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Mulberries Dried Fruit Nuts.com

^ Gonna buy this...don't want a 5LB bag I and I don't want to buy anything else on this site. Blargh. Might look on amazon.

Dried mulberries supposedly taste like granola so. I want to add it to dried banana chips for a breakfast granola type of deal, or for extra crunch on some of my parfaits and soft serves.
    They taste like not very sweet dried fruit to me. Good stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

TQP
    Sakura, that sounds okay too. I just want to try them!! I'm likely doing a few days of raw fruitarian instead of banana hack a la Zanna. I started to yesterday then I was like OMG STEAK and also my bananas were still somewhat greenish so they made me feel horrible (tired).

------------------------

Looking up more information on raw fruitarian, lol at vegans trying to be The Best Vegan of Them All (much like some people comparing paleo weenies over here on MDA):
    AK says:
    September 9, 2011 at 9:23 am

Unless you live in a tropical region, eating bananas is very detrimental to the environment because they are so heavy and bulky, it takes a lot of energy for transportation costs. Also, they are not so benign when it comes to pesticides (see Latin American Banana Farmers Sue Over Pesticides : TreeHugger). We always buy organic bananas because it’s better for the farmers and the wildlife that are sometimes collateral damage from the pesticides used on bananas. So, my family has cut back on the amount of bananas we consume. I personally used to have 2 or 3 day. Now its about 1 or 2 a week. I just use them sparingly as an egg substitute. After watching the documentary “Fat, Sick and Amost Dead”, I did try a diet similar to what the subject of the movie tried. It was mostly a juice diet but I also added legumes, quinoa and nuts and berries. I do have to say, I have never felt better both physically and mentally. After about 3 days on it, I had a nagging knee pain that had been bothering me for months, it completely dissappeared. It was incredible. The hardest part was giving up my usual vegan pancake breakfast for a vegetable juice I had every morning. But after a few days, I got used to it. I was on it for about 4 weeks. So, now I try my best to restrict grains especially gluten grains. I do eat quite a bit of quinoa which is technically a seed not a grain and is a good source of protein.

Ben says:
    September 9, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Hi AK, I’m going to have to disagree with you. Eating bananas and other fruit actually promotes forestation, while most other food promotes de-forestation. Trees are the lungs of the planet. Yes there is an energy cost to transport food, but almost anything you eat has that unless you grow it in your garden.
    Steph says:
    September 10, 2011 at 12:35 am

ah, crops don’t really count as ‘forestation’. Forestation has to have a level of biodiversity for it to be useful. That’s basically also suggesting that palm plantations are fantastic too… if you are ripping up the native vegetation to put in crops (of any kind) it is generally a bad thing.

also, yes all food has transportation and energy costs but my box of organic veg travels less than 100km to get to me, if I want to eat 30 bananas a day they have to travel over 2000km to get to me.
    Abby says:
    September 10, 2011 at 11:12 am

When eating 80/10/10, it’s best to always keep a high-calorie fruit on hand, like bananas, as your staple. If you don’t want to eat bananas because of the environmental reasons, you can rely on mangoes or dates, for example, which you would likely be able to find grown even more locally than your vegetables. Many people on 80/10/10 only eat local and organic.
    By the way, I’d like to add that I avoid grains like quinoa because humans can get all the protein they need from fruits and veggies. Quinoa has no other nutriets, and grains in general will overwork and enlarge your pancreas if eaten to much. They are highly acidic and will lead to constipation (which I’ve read is one of the biggest factors in causing cancer since your digestive tract is always making new cells. Personally, wouldn’t want to take that chance).
    Steph says:
    September 11, 2011 at 3:38 am

Dates are a tropical fruit as are mangoes… just like bananas. I don’t live in the tropics, they aint available ‘more locally than my veg’.

Can anyone link me a peer reviewed article that supports this sort of diet? I don’t want to sound aggressive but I would really like to know what the nutrition and dietetics academic community think.

Honestly eat what you like but I really get sick of people saying things about food without a shred of evidence to back it up. If all the food that apparently give you cancer, actually gave you cancer, 95% of the population would have cancer.
    mel says:
    September 23, 2012 at 5:50 pm

better to peel a banana then shove a steak down your throat
    So apparently I'm the worst of them all... I do both of the above.

Mom has been getting into quinoa and my dad hates her for it because quinoa is expensive. She puts a bit in the rice porridge.
    Last edited by TQP; 03-28-2014 at 08:26 AM.

TQP
    On another note:

1. I'm supposedly the GO TO person for guy friends (even just somewhat close guy friends) to tell me their less-than-chivalrous encounters with the fairer sex.

This makes me feel awkward when I next see the discussed girl.

For example, a dude made out with a taken girl and I'm supposedly the only one he could tell.

Probably because there was no judgments on my part except I cyber *bitch slap*ped him. Also told him he needs to stop hanging out with said girl "As Friends" since he obviously still has feelings for her. Unfair for him too, since DUH he's wasting time on some taken girl who doesn't like him... when he could be chasing after someone else.

2. On a positive note, I'm ALMOST done with my application for the scholarship stuff due March 31 so I'm sending it out today on One Day shipping. YAYY.

3. On a negative note, my apartment is currently on level 42 of messiness. Graycat and Grafter, self-proclaimed neat freaks, will probably die if they saw my apartment right now. I'll be spending my free weekend cleaning + spring cleaning my apartment.

Fuck.

I hate cleaning.

Can I just hire a maid??

Who made this mess? I KILLL THEM.

TQP
    Positive: I kind of feel my hip bones again!

Just wanna lose 10lbs before summer starts.

Tons of LISS this weekend for sure.

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like the take girl likes him well enough.

And it's elves that mess up your apartment. They do the same at my place I can never catch them though.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

TQP
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Sounds like the take girl likes him well enough.

And it's elves that mess up your apartment. They do the same at my place I can never catch them though.
    BLACKSMITH! Where ya been homie?

LOL. The taken girl is... I don't want to say slutty because she's not at ALL, but she likes male attention a lot. She kinda played with my friend's feelings a bit and used him. He bought her a tiffany's necklace and all for xmas. O_O

I still like her as a person because I understand liking male attention, but I disagree with how she's handling the whole situation with my friend. I think it's not very ethical (but fuck, what do I know? I'm not exactly being a stellar example myself when it comes to guys...but I definitely don't do anything like that if I am 110% in a committed relationship).

Also every other status on her fb is about how much she is in love with her bf.

I just... I don't know. I like her (she's one of the few girls I enjoy hanging out with when I'm back in ATX because she's open-minded and fun), but god damn girl match your actions to your words.

Anyway. He's wasting time with her...that's all I know. NO judgments on my part with both of them. I'm not telling anyone that's for sure.
    Last edited by TQP; 03-28-2014 at 09:44 AM.

TQP
    So.

There was a guy friend who told me this past summer I became really one-dimensional (dieting, exercising, guys were all my topics) and because he used a poor choice of words ("at this point you're dead weight" "you're boring") while I got the message and knew he was right, we stopped being friends. Sad because I've known him on and off since HS.

I just sent him an email thanking him for telling me what I needed to hear this past summer. I knew I was a far cry last summer from what I usually am...school, fashion, entrepreneurial-ism, etc. I just was burned out and wanted to think just about shallow things outside of school. I thanked him and told him that perhaps partially due to his harsh words, since then I finally embarked on the fashion website idea I told him about and also joined a pro bono legal work clinic.

It was hard to say "yeah you were right... I was a shallow bitch" (my words not his) but you know, I had to do what I had to do. He was still rude but come on, how do you really choose words wisely for a message like that.

It's kinda sad I drove a good critic away though. I need people like that in my life to tell me I'm being idiotic or else I'll become insufferable.

Words for thought today.

Not sure if everyone else has a GOOD critic in their life? Or wants one? Yes or no?

Also not sure how to get this friend back. I need a good kick in the pants once in a while. He did respond to my emails...but they seem like he doesn't want to be friends anymore, which is understandable because damn, I was pretty insufferable.

Not sure why I was so guys-obsessed. I'm usually NOT that girl that cares much at ALL about guys guys guys. In fact I find my girl friends who are like that annoying. I think I was just burned out...and bored.

UGH. That moment when you reflect back on yourself and realized you were a majorly annoying person? Not a good aha moment.

Emtropy is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure if I have an honest critic, but I wouldn't say no to one. Listening to detached, objective advice is better than going off my opinion a lot of the time, lol. Sometimes I listen to my thoughts and can't help but feel that they're immature (well, obviously) and perhaps overly self-obsessed; but I'm not sure how others think. Otherwise I just get advice on the most superficial level; nothing really poiting to recurring behaviour or thoughts. Or maybe I'm just seeking a deeper connection
    I'm not an emo, I swear