Thread: Mmmmmm, spaghetti!!!! page

TxAgDuckman is offline Member

Mmmmmm, spaghetti!!!!

Shop Now
    My wife is far from primal, but she's really doing her best to prepare primal dishes for our family at dinner. Today, she asked me if I'd be ok with spaghetti (made with spaghetti squash) & meat sauce. I semi-reluctantly said ok. First off, I have to admit, it wasn't 100% primal because she did use canned, chunky style sauce, which has a little sugar & a little soybean oil. However, aside from that, it was pretty spot on. She added ground turkey (so it would be lower-fat for her) instead of beef, but I'm ok with that. She also added some fresh chopped zucchini and mushrooms. Let me just say, it was outstanding! My 4 year old and 20 month old both loved it. The slightly crunchy texture of the squash was actually a good change from plain old pasta! She was ecstatic when I said I could easily eat this once a week. It will definitely be added to the menu going forward!!!

cookie is offline Senior Member
    i really like spaghetti squash too. i think it's a tad starchy, though, so i like to add lots of extra fat to it.. drizzles of olive oil before saucing it, fatty ground beef meatballs, pecorino cheese grated over the top, etc.
    also, it makes a wonderful thanksgiving time dessert with a bit of maple drizzled on top and almonds crunched over.

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE spaghetti squash! In fact, it's on the menu with meatballs and marinara next week! I like it best seasoned with butter/salt/pepper It's very sweet of your wife to be adventurous for you, I'm glad she tried it! Oh, and my 20 month old niece is crazy about spaghetti squash too, it's one thing that my brother can get her to eat without a fuss.
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan