Thread: Resolutionary roll call page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Resolutionary roll call

Shop Now
    Did you start Primal at New Years? Still around? Tell us how you are doing so far! Successes, failures, ideas and all.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

nettasaura is offline Senior Member
    We, as a family, half started on the 2nd...don't have the money to waste the few grain sources that were left in the house. Been fully Primal since the 9th. We cut grains, legumes, most sugars except for honey/pure maple, and all processed SAD foods. It's been a rollercoaster, but a good one I think. We are all over the carb flu at this point and are working on getting more probiotics into our diets - supplements, kombucha, kefir, fermented veggies now too. The boys are both slimming down, hubby is down a few pounds and his heartburn is completely gone, and I've flushed quite a bit of water and am now moving into actual weight loss. I've found a few new food sensitivities for me and me alone even though I have never been sensitive to anything before - nuts, seeds, and quinoa...quinoa being the worst and most violent offender.

We are not very low carb...averaging closer to 150-200g a day. With growing boys on the cusp of teenage-dom and appetites that are growing rapidly, I feel like we need that bit of extra carb for them. Especially my oldest (almost 12)...skinny monkey who eats like food is going out of style, although his cravings for bad stuff have gone right out the window and his appetite has relaxed a bit.

I'm still reading and reading and reading some more. It can get overwhelming at times. "No, don't do this...oh wait a minute, yes, do this!". The whole resistant starch debate has me supremely confused. People seem to be completely for or completely against it. I can't decide if potatoes, rice, tapioca, and plantains should or should not be on the menu and/or potato starch. I feel like I am tip-toeing around certain food decisions at times because I am completely unsure about this and then that. I bought white rice and a BPA-free can of organic beans yesterday, but was second-guessing as I was doing it, even though I was trying to tell myself they are the 20% and will never be as bad as modern wheat.

I just want my family to experience the best health I can provide for them in the long run and I feel like Primal is the best approach to get them there. I want to get healthy so I can enjoy a long life and not fall prey to the mess that is the American food/drug system...something other family members have fallen prey to are they are so royally messed up now that it is scary. That's all I've got for now.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Awesome! One of my favorite effects also was the missing heartburn.

Yeah, no reason to be super low carb, especially for the growing people.

not fall prey to the mess that is the American food/drug system.
    I work in a hospital and make it a point to tell people to ask their doctors for evidence when they are about to on statins and low-fat diets...I'm in the belly of the beast and trying to save people, too.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

nettasaura is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I work in a hospital and make it a point to tell people to ask their doctors for evidence when they are about to on statins and low-fat diets...I'm in the belly of the beast and trying to save people, too.

And I thank you for that!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nettasaura View Post

I just want my family to experience the best health I can provide for them in the long run and I feel like Primal is the best approach to get them there.
    Nettasaura, I couldn't agree more. I am so glad your family are on board with this and you all beginning to experience the benefits. Yay, keep it up