View Poll Results: Do you do fasted workouts?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I do fasted weightlifting.

5 17.24%
  • Yes! I do fasted sprints (or equivalent).

2 6.90%
  • I'm super cool and I do BOTH fasted sprints AND fasted weightlifted.

11 37.93%
  • Nope. Fasted workouts are weak. (No pun intended).

9 31.03%
  • Other: I'm either really indecisive or really verbose.

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Fasted workouts??? page

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Question Poll: Fasted workouts???

Primal Fuel
    Hi MDAers!

I haven't been doing my workouts fasted (my schedule doesn't allow me to do a structured workout routine...I just go to the gym when I happen to have a free hour) and I'm wondering if I should at least do fasted sprints.

Do YOU do fasted weightlifting and/or sprints? If so, what are the results of your fasted workouts as opposed to non-fasted ones?
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    I can't tell a huge difference fasted vs fed. There was an article on T Nation about it this week; it's a pain to link it on my phone.

I just eat on the mornings I wake up hungry and don't on the mornings I'm not. I don't force it.

Sent via lightsaber

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    define fasted. like 1 hour since food. 4 hours since food. 8 hours since food, etc.

personally, I hate pretty much all exercise done more than an hour or 2 after I've eaten. if i'm playing sports or doing sprints, I need some sort of food 30-60 minutes to perform at my best. plain and simple. if i'm lifting, I can eat about an hour or 2 beforehand. and I can't lift weights in the morning no matter what. I never have the strength that I have in the afternoon or evening.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Fasted = I suppose 8 hours (arbitrary) or more after eating.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I don't even workout
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    My morning cardio is "fasted" or 10 hours after food, but I usually eat some diet gelatin in the morning and a lunch of low fat cheese and raw vegetables before weight training in the afternoon. Then plenty of food post weight training...

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I can't tell a huge difference fasted vs fed. There was an article on T Nation about it this week; it's a pain to link it on my phone.

I just eat on the mornings I wake up hungry and don't on the mornings I'm not. I don't force it.

Sent via lightsaber
    This for me.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Whose got two thumbs and is super cool....

This guy! Bwahahah. Yeah, I normally work out around noon fasted then go home and eat before heading back to the office at 2.

Reventon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    I can't lift weights in the morning no matter what. I never have the strength that I have in the afternoon or evening.
    This.

I hate workout out fasted, but don't like eating too soon before training. The ideal window is 3-6 hours beforehand for me. 2 is fine.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I prefer to work out fasted.

For the last two weeks, I've done 6 of 7 days with my 10 minutes of kettle bells and 1.5 hrs hot vinyasa yoga at the studio, plus 30 minutes of walking in the cold (bundled up, of course). And then I eat.

I do foam rolling in the evening before bed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast