Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journeys of Grok page 44

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have recently got involved with the greatest game ever created. Of course, I've known about this game since the beginning of time, erm I mean unix time, but alas, I never really got interested in it because it's so damn difficult!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, which is likely you don't, then you can read about it here:

NetHack: The Greatest Game You Will Ever Play

To get started you don't need to download anything, you just need telnet or ssh access.

ssh to: nethack@nethack4.org
    password: nethack

Here is a time lapse video of someone winning the game.

Lew Rockwell posted one of my e-mails on his blog the other day. I wont say which one it was since he used my real name.

Whew! I was afraid the Fed would do something incredibly stupid! O_o
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Whew! I was afraid the Fed would do something incredibly stupid! O_o
    Yeah, I'm not so sure about gold prices though. I wish I knew how long it is going to take for the house of cards to collapse. I'm surprised things are still holding together as well as they are which is not very well. If things break apart in Europe and all the banks fail over there it could mean high volatility in gold prices on both the up and down side.

It's amazing, I thought The Fed would wait until a major event like Greece dropping out of the EU before stimulating, but I guess they wanted to do it now just prior to elections.

So, now The Fed is adding stimulus to the economy when gas prices are near all time highs, and meat prices are at all time highs.

I guess the bankers are going for broke. The only thing in their favor is that the PBoC, who is even dumber than The Fed, is still enabling them with their currency peg.

The only reason there is not hyper-inflation here, and hyper-deflation in China is because of the PBoC.

I think leadership in China is supposed to change soon.

Well I'm not sure what to do with what little money I have in 401k's and RothIRA's...I feel like with everything going on in the world plus high unemployment, no GDP growth, and printing money like crazy that the stock markets should be half of what they are. But what do I do? Put the money in money market funds and eat the coming inflation? Buy gold now that's it's $1700 an ounce? Buy bonds with interest rates at near zero and wait for interest rates to rise so my bond prices will sink? I swear the only thing that I can think of that makes a little bit of sense would be to cash out of everything, eat the taxes associated with it and buy freakin' cows.
    Sorry to junk your journal up with my pointless whinings.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Where to put your money depends entirely upon what politicians decide to do, which is a shame. I doubt Romney would reverse the Fed policy, I know Johnson would.

We are also at the political whim of Asian politicians who might one day come to their senses and stop transferring all their wealth over to the US government.

I have to give some serious thought about leaving the country now. I might start looking for jobs in New Zealand or something. Although, paper money is used there too, so it may not help that much. People are stupid all over the world, and the people who run central banks are the dumbest of the lot.

Central banks all over the world will probably follow The Fed's lead and we will have a simultaneous destruction of currencies all over the world. Clearly this will lead central bankers to come up with a new solution -- a new paper currency.

Then a new fascist criminal enterprise will emerge which will be even more destructive than the last.

It's been a long time since I've been to the dentist. I need to get my teeth cleaned.

Still working on going to the dentist.

After depositing a check at the bank today I went across the street to the mall to get a coffee at the Starbucks there.

I am experimenting with walking barefoot into stores. So I walked barefoot into the mall.

After getting my coffee a young woman dressed in short hot pink pants and a black blouse looking as hot as can possibly be came up beside me while I was checking out one of those Sharper Image like stores.

What did I do? I whispered Holy Shit! and took off.

Something must be seriously wrong with me.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Romney is down to 31.5% on intrade.[1]

Oops, I guess electing a candidate from the top-down rather than the bottom-up is not such a good idea after all.

I live in a state where we successfully overthrew the GOP. We actually voted for the people's candidate here in Nevada.[2]

[1] Intrade - Mitt Romney to be elected President in 2012
    [2] http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post939972

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast