Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journeys of Grok page 40

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    This morning I walked barefoot across the street to the local Starbucks to purchase my signature venti iced coffee with an add-shot and heavy cream. The total came to $3.99, I paid with $5, and received $1.01 in change. I tipped the worthless paper dollar and kept the penny in the hopes it was made of something useful like copper.

Indeed, I received a nice shiny copper penny minted in San Francisco in the year 1969.

I always seem to have really good luck with the pennies at the local Starbucks here...

When it all comes down, you'll wish you had the paper. It will be easier to start a fire with paper tender.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Yeah, If I'm going to be eating human zombie flesh for survival it better at least be cooked well done.

I'm trying to learn to make Pasanda curry now that I've mastered the Kofta curry. I'm not sure about the store bought fried onions though. I tried making my own fried onions last night, but they came out soggy. Maybe I didn't cook them long enough.

I have the pasandas marinating in the fridge. I cheated this time and used some (toxic) Whole Foods bought fried onions. Next time I will cook my own because I found another great video from Rouxbe on how to fry onions. These Rouxbe videos are the best, if I ever decide to take some cooking lessons, it will probably be Rouxbe.

Speaking of Rouxbe videos, I'm using my cuisinart to make mayonnaise now, and it is so easy and comes out perfect every time. I can have a batch of mayonnaise ready in 3-5 minutes. The most difficult part now is separating the eggs, which is pretty easy.

I just found a liver recipe which I need to try. This recipe has so many spices in it, it has to taste good.

You have to turn your volume up to the maximum to hear this video, and be ready to turn the volume down right at the very end. It's worth it, because this liver looks amazing!

I just now got root access to my LG Optimus V android device using Gingerbreak and a USB cable.

I now actually own my phone for the first time.

The first thing I will probably do now is install busybox.

I have busybox installed and working on my android device now.

I also installed Link2SD and removed all my pre-installed bloatware. I now have a ton of free space on my phone's internal memory. Horay!

I also installed the android SDK onto my computer and got the emulator running for a JellyBean virtual device. I want to upgrade my Froyo OS to JellyBean.

The next step is to learn about recovery methods.

I stubbed my pinky toe on a rock today while walking to the store and now it's all swollen.

I have a dozen onions in my kitchen ready to be caramelized.

I'm trying to set up a sandbox merchant account on google checkout, but google's site is messed up and it's not letting me register the test account.

I've been mulling around in my mind the idea of writing a web based android application. I want to experiment around a bit with android's webview to see what it is capable of. The great thing about web applications is that you can bloat the hell out of them while keeping the installed executable on the cell phone at a minimum size. Most of the code is pulled from the internet and run in JavaScript. However, you need an internet connection to run the application.

I still haven't looked into making a recovery partition on my phone yet, but will figure that out soon.

I currently have a dozen onions sauteeing in a pot with some clarified butter and salt. I'm getting really good at slicing onions.

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast