Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journeys of Grok page 36

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Tomorrow is a very important day for Nevada as the GOP will be holding their state convention. Rest assured statists, I will be attending as a delegate and voting.

Four years ago the GOP establishment had to walk out of the convention and shut it down before counting the votes because Ron Paul was beating John McCain. It should be interesting to see what happens this year.

I think it should go well for Ron Paul in Nevada. The state rules claim that a certain number of delegates will be bound to Romney, but I think we will be trying to change that rule tomorrow to unbind all of Nevada's delegates.

However, we still have corruption at the national level to contend with. The RNC has threatened to not seat any of Nevada's delegates at the national convention if Ron Paul wins tomorrow.

Today I got a lot of rest after a long weekend at the Nevada GOP state convention here at John Ascuaga's Nugget in Sparks. It was worth the effort. Four years ago Ron Paul got cheated big time, but this time we prevailed. We actually succeeded in overthrowing the Republican party in Nevada. In 2016 there will be three super-delegates who are Ron Paul supporters.

Technically the delegates we sent to the national convention are bound to vote according to the Nevada Presidential Preference Poll which had Romney at 50%. However there is nothing that says a delegate from Nevada who supports Romney has to vote for Romney. Since we have over 2/3rds majority (22 out of 28) of delegates as Ron Paul supporters in Nevada we have complete control. We can force the six Romney delegates (if they even bother to show up) to vote for Paul since Paul must have at least 8 delegates voting for him, then the rest of the delegates who are Ron Paul supporters can abstain from voting for Romney.

The bottom line is that the best Romney can possibly hope for in Nevada is 6 delegate votes, and I seriously doubt he will be so lucky.

Four years ago there was a beautiful young woman who sat next to me at the convention. She was one of the Ron Paul delegates who was going to the national convention in 2008 but got cheated out of going. By some strange coincidence, I ended up sitting next to her again this time around and I was able to congratulate her on her victory this time. It brought me so much joy to be able to say that to her and actually see her go to the national convention representing Ron Paul.

Every time I go to these conventions I get the impression that I should become a politician. When Ron Paul was giving his speech he looked directly at me for a few seconds and I was able to look straight into his eyes. It was like peering deep into an infinite chasm of wisdom and intelligence.

It was nice seeing Victoria after four years and sitting next to her again. I'm wondering how that worked out, coincidence? She's married, but I get the impression she likes me. Then there is Jennifer who was in charge of all the voting and counting of ballots. I was really impressed with her enthusiasm. I found her blog on the internet and left a comment.

WE DID IT NEVADA!

Yesterday I made some mayonnaise using the rouxbe cooking school method which is a hand whisking method and this seemed easier than trying to use the stick blender. I bought some white pepper at the store yesterday for this purpose.

I think the rouxbe videos are pretty good. I might pay for their school one day.

I did another long walk today, with over a mile walking on rocks barefoot. This time it was much easier.

Here is another super awesome song from Pretty Lights. I can't get enough of this song.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    What I wouldn't give to have so much counter space!

Also, mainly replied to subscribe to your thoughts. :>
    I forgot to show off the coolest part of my kitchen which is my self-closing drawers.

I don't know what you mean by subscribing to my thoughts, but right now I'm thinking about Joshua Tree National Park. I had some really amazing experiences there. The moonbows are awesome.

I found some more awesomeness at the Pretty Lights channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    Leave it to humans to believe that they are the center of everything and that they are worth a god to judge or destroy them.

Interesting music. It feels very whimsical, not what I would usually associate with any type of electronica.
    Yeah, the universe and time is a curious thing though. If there was a creator of the universe it did create man indirectly since man was created from the universe. But to say that the creator of the universe created man in his own image is a bit extreme in my opinion.

My theory of life, the universe and everything is that the universe will eventually collapse in on itself and not expand out forever which is the current CW. Once all the matter in the universe is concentrated at a single point in space/time then that creates a critical mass which creates a new big bang and a new universe and the cycle repeats itself. Each new universe is essentially a randomization of matter, but the same laws of physics.

Quantum physics can get really bizarre. Stuff like the double slit experiment can really blow your mind.

This is how I make my mayonnaise these days. I really like this recipe.

BTW, the text of that mayonnaise recipe calls for vegetable oil, but I substitute extra light olive oil. I also add in a couple drops of liquid stevia to sweeten it up.

I can't believe that I'm roasting and salting raw cashews and roasting bacon in the oven and making my own mayonnaise for my broccoli salad. So much work for a salad, but totally worth it.

Yeah I like Pretty Lights. Here is another one I like, especially about five minutes in when they start going Nah Nah Nah!

Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast