Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journeys of Grok page 27

Grok is offline Senior Member
    One more serving of whey protein left.

I've finished off all of my whey protein and I don't ever want to have any more of it ever again. Good riddance! After almost a year of whey protein addiction I'm finally going to kick the habit. Maybe now I can finally get my 6-pack abs.

I plan to cut out all dairy, I still have about a cup of heavy cream, a jar of ghee and a stick and a half of butter left. I may continue with the butter for my sweet potatoes for a while, but no more heavy cream. I used to get heavy cream with my coffee every morning, but now I don't even drink coffee any more.

I just got back from Whole Foods and I saw Heather again today. I didn't even notice her until I got in the check-out line. We started talking about yoga which is something I'd like to start doing. Heather said she would bring in a card from her yoga class for me. Maybe I will attend one class with her to see how I like it. Heather is married, but I may have found my first friend here in Reno.

Well, I tried making the home-made mayo today and it didn't work at all. I just got some bad tasting liquidy goo. It was a complete waste of time and money. I now have a stick blender which I don't have any need for.

Home-made mayo attempt #2 more successful. I think the reason why it worked better on the 2nd try was because I brought my eggs to room temperature before making the mayo. I also did not add all the oil in all at once, but about a 1/3 of a cup at a time.

Caucused for Ron Paul this morning. My precinct had somewhere between 200-250 registered republicans of which 22 showed up to caucus. Of those 22, 3 actually voted for Ron Paul. 4 delegates were awarded, I got to be one delegate, and another Ron Paul supporter got another delegate, so Paul managed to get half the delegates in my precinct.

I gave a stump speech for Ron Paul and people were coming up to me after they voted and apologized to me for not voting for Paul. *sigh*

We are in deep shit. The US dollar will have to totally collapse before people wake up. We will probably just get more tyranny after the dollar collapse. Massive starvation and death for Americans is right around the corner. Somehow idiots will find a way to blame it on capitalism and greedy corporations and look for government as the solution.

Here are the results for my precinct:
    Gingrich: 7
    Paul: 3
    Romney: 10
    Santorum: 2
    Last edited by Grok; 02-04-2012 at 04:05 PM.

For lunch today I made a broccoli salad which I made with broccoli, mandarin oranges, cashews, red onion and bacon bits.

The dressing was made with home-made mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, stevia, and a little bit of water. The dressing was a little too vinegary, so next time I wont add so much vinegar.

The bacon I cooked in the oven which was the first time I tried doing that.

I also cooked up a bunch of marrow bones.

Boy am I full!

I tried to make a spicy guacamole today. I added half of a giant sized jalapeno and a serrano pepper, but it didn't make it spicy at all. It's strange, jalapenos just don't seem spicy to me any more. I guess I'll have to look around for some habeneros.

My guacamole consisted of avocados, tomato, red onion, yellow onion, cucumber, jalapeno, serrano, lemon juice and sea salt. I chopped up the tomato, onions, a few slices of the cucumber, and the peppers. Then added all that to my cuisinart and blended. Then I mushed up two avocados and stirred in the vegetable mixture. Then I squeezed in the juice of half a lemon and added the sea salt.

It came out okay, but not spicy enough.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    At the store the other day I walked past the dairy section and I felt like opening up a gallon jug of chocolate milk right there in the store and pouring it down my throat. I resisted. I must be going through lactose withdrawal. I felt like I had to have some kind of -ose, and I bought some cookies which subsequently made me sick to my stomach.

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast