Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journeys of Grok page 2

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My pemmican arrived yesterday. It was not at all what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be more like beef jerky. You have to keep these in the freezer, and it is somewhat of an acquired taste.

I did not do any exercise yesterday other than walking as I was giving some time for my muscles to repair after blasting my arms on Monday. This morning I did the Abs Fitness Workout followed by two sets of eight push-ups and then two more sets of five push-ups. I really struggled on my last push-up, I want to work out until failure. I plan to head to the pull-up bars after work today for some more blasting.

It has been one week since I started going poo-less. I have only poo'd myself once (on Monday) since that time. My original plan was to poo myself on Mondays and Thursdays, but now I think I'm going to try skipping Thursday and going all the way until next Monday.

I did a bunch of jack-knife pull-ups at the pull-up bars yesterday, but I lost count as to how many I did. I started talking with someone else there about the primal lifestyle. IIRC, he said he ran over 100 miles a week, yet it looked like he still had a good amount of body fat on him. He seemed interested in what I had to say about primal living, I hope I made some kind of influence.

Anyway, I did a bunch of jack-knife pull-ups until my arms started burning.

Must. Blast. Arms.
    Must! Blast! Arms!

My neighbor came over this morning and said he was staking out a BBQ for the 4th starting at 7am and he needed me to help lay claim to it for a few hours tomorrow. He mentioned that there would be someone there is who is very over weight and is having health problems and he needs help. I hope to put him on the primal blueprint and introduce him to the community here.

I walked down to the pull-up bars today and there were a lot of people there! I live in a vacation town so the town is packed full of people visiting the area for the 4th. I did two sets of two pull-ups followed by one more pull-up. I then did a bunch of sets of five jack-knife pull-ups. I finished off with three sets of five incline push-ups.

After my work-out I headed over to the park area to see if there was some food. I ended up finding a booth doing blood sugar and blood pressure tests. I decided to take a blood sugar test and got a score of 56. The lady testing me said that was very low and that a normal range was 70-90. I suspect it was that low because I had just finished my workout. I ended up with a free apple, so I was happy.

Over the holidays, I bought a Gold's Gym Platinum Assisted Power Tower. I put together about half of it last night, it should be totally awesome once I have it all put together.

My kettlebell video arrived the other day as well. So far I've watched the introduction, swings, and turkish get ups. I have two 20# kettlebells right now, but I might want to get a larger 35# one as well. I have the basic mechanics of the swing down, and I can do a Turkish get up, but I need to practice.

This morning I was thinking of what to do with this heavy cream I bought before it expired, so I decided to pour some in a bowl of blueberries and eat my blueberries with cream. This was the first time I've ever tried this (I seem to recall trying peaches and cream when I was a young child, but I didn't like it because peaches were "yucky".) Anyway, I absolutely loved it!

I can't believe I used to eat cereal grains in skim milk!

The Gold's Gym Platinum Assisted Power Tower pull-up station is completely assembled. It is totally awesome. Only $230 at Sports Authority for anyone who wants to spoil themselves.

Up early this morning. I forget what time I fell asleep last night. I think I went to take a nap and never recovered. I ended up leaving the lights and my computer on over night.

The other day I tried out my Gold's Gym Platinum Assisted Power Tower and managed to crank out two sets of three normal pull-ups followed by two more sets of two. I then started using the assist and did a bunch more reps using the assist (I lost count as to precisely how many.)

Yesterday, I tried the push-ups and they were much more difficult than the normal push-ups I do. The grab bars are wider apart and I have to lower myself down to where my nose is below my hands. Trying to lift myself up from this lower position is very difficult. I managed to do four sets of three push-ups. I had a difficult time keeping my back straight doing the push-ups, but I will continue to try and improve my form.

I'm continuing still with the Abs Fitness Workout. This is getting easier now, and my form is improving on exercise number six. I still skip exercise number eight.

Yesterday I did two sets of three pull-ups followed by two sets of two. I then used the 10lb resistance bands and did three more sets of three with those. I then switched to the 25lb resistance bands and did two more sets of three.

For dinner, I went out for sushi with some co-workers and ordered some sashimi salad which came with sea vegetables. It was delicious. I was pleased to find out that I could order something without rice.

Last edited by Grok; 07-10-2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Added picture of type of sea vegetable I ate.

Yesterday I did four sets of three push-ups followed by three sets of three dips using the 10lb resistance bands. I wish I could use the assist for the push-ups!

I also started practicing exercising with my kettlebell weights. I practiced doing some swings, cleans and turkish get ups. Today I am going to practice doing some squats, although my legs are already a little sore from the exercises I did yesterday.

I went to Sheels and discovered they have the lowest prices on kettlebells. I picked up a 35lb weight which I can now use if I need something heavier.

I also took a look at some firearms. I am interested in the Smith&Wesson .357 Magnum. I have never owned a gun before, but I like the idea of packing some heat!

The gun laws in my state are not very restrictive, so I only need to register if I want to conceal my weapon.
    Last edited by Grok; 07-11-2010 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Fix link to Sheels

Legs were in a lot of pain yesterday, and they are sore still today. I skipped doing any exercises yesterday to let my body repair. Must. Avoid. Cortisol.

Law #4 is by far my weakest area in the Primal Blueprint, so this is why my journal is mostly about law #4 activities (for those of you bored enough to be reading my journal.)

I bought some cave-aged cheese yesterday because if it's cave-aged it must be good.

Darth reminded me that I need to learn how to fight. And no, I do not support Sarah Palin.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bought some Purity Farms Ghee the other day and started cooking with it.

Did some pull-ups and dips with my neighbor this morning who was kind enough to let me sleep over at his place because I locked myself out of my condo. I got to meet his daughter Chloe.

Legs are starting to feel better now.
    Last edited by Grok; 07-13-2010 at 09:52 PM.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast