Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journeys of Grok page 12

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    After showing myself around your journal and seeing the GD skull in your sig, the cannabis club video, the quantitative easing/other government videos, and Java programming, I feel like you and I have quite a bit in common.

I'm interested to know what you "do", if you'd be so kind as to enlighten me.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Last week I sent out my resume to a few places and got a response back from a company about 1/2 mile away from where I live. They were looking for a PHP programmer to help them out, but they weren't offering me enough money to want to spend forty hours a week sharing an office with three other people. Not only was the pay crap, but I wouldn't even have my own office. For now, I will continue gambling in the futures market.

I've been downing these Sencha Shots lately, they are pretty good with a couple drops of stevia added.

sencha-shot-base..jpg
    Last edited by Grok; 03-22-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    Oh! I just sent you a message asking the effects, but you (more or less) explained here. So, I just have to ask...have you ever had the opportunity to participate in an Ayahuasca ceremony? That is an experience that has always deeply intrigued me. Maybe someday...
    No, I've never been outside the country. However my friend from the Washo tribe is the "Datohmu" or spiritual leader of the tribe and they have their own ceremonies. I've never taken him up on the offer, but I'm sure one day I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    No, I've never been outside the country. However my friend from the Washo tribe is the "Datohmu" or spiritual leader of the tribe and they have their own ceremonies. I've never taken him up on the offer, but I'm sure one day I will.
    You must inform me if you ever do choose to. I've seen plenty of documentaries and read an endless amount of accounts, but sadly, never had the chance to converse with someone who has partaken.

We are totally buried in snow up here on the mountain. Here is a video I found on YouTube to give you an idea of what the weather is like here. The ski resorts are posting record snow falls for the season and there should be skiing here into May. This video was shot yesterday before the 2-3 more feet of snow fell last night. We have more snow coming tonight as well.

Holy deepness Batman! Record breaking snowfall with another 2-3 feet plus in the last 24 hours. I'll take a double double, super tanker with free refills and supersize it please.

YouTube - Lake Tahoe Snow Report - March 25, 2011

I picked up some Saratoga lamb chops at the butcher today. I like these better than normal lamb chops.

"Saratoga lamb chops" are made from a shoulder muscle which is rolled and fastened with small skewers to hold it together, and then cut into "chops" about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.

LambShoulderBlade.jpg

I was down in Reno today and I stopped by The Vitamin Shoppe to pick up some Purple Wraath, man that stuff is expensive. I better be super pumped by the time I finish this tub.
    5851..jpg
    Across the street was a Whole Foods Market, so I decided to go check it out. I really liked what I saw. I ended up buying some grass fed lamb and I asked a lady there if they had Lindt 99% which they didn't have, but she gave me a $8.50 bar of 99% chocolate for free! Yes free! I got to say that I was pretty impressed. I'll most likely shop there every time I'm in Reno and heading back home. Or else go there on a weekend and pick up a weeks worth of groceries. I have a cooler I can bring with me to keep the refrigerated items in on the way home.
    whole-foods..jpg

Have you taken the Purple Wrath before? Notice any differences? I know that Martin from leangains recommends it, but I've been skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    Have you taken the Purple Wrath before? Notice any differences? I know that Martin from leangains recommends it, but I've been skeptical.
    Nope, I haven't tried it yet. I plan on trying some tomorrow however, check back here for a review. The label says do not take with high blood pressure, which I have, but I'm going to try a small amount to see how it tastes and if it has any effect. The label also says you need to drink 1-2 gallons of water per day which seems like a lot.

past_seminar_log&#11.jpg

Today I attended the PAST Event in Reno with Brad Kerns. I got the PBF booklet and the foraging booklet plus the primal leap guidebook. The seminar was pretty good and covered just about everything. I got to taste the vanilla and chocolate primal fuel. Brad made it with coconut milk, ice, and a frozen banana in a blender. The shakes were delicious, but I have no idea how they taste when mixed with just water. I thought the vanilla tasted better than the chocolate.

I couldn't sit down through the full event so I moved to the back of the room and stood up for half of the session. They served us chicken as the main protein, which I thought was pretty cheap. They should have splurged and gone for buffalo or something. About two dozen people were there which was more than I expected.

It was a good crash course in the primal blueprint, I learned a couple of new things and got a good refresher course on the rest.

I tried the Purple Wraath Purple Lemonade flavor today. I mixed 1/4 scoop with a glass of water which is probably about two cups. Stirring does not work, you need to shake it in a water bottle for a good solid minute. My primal palette thought that it tasted really sweet. Indeed, during my workout it felt like I was drinking a sugary drink. I would recommend heavily diluting it.

I didn't really notice any effectiveness, I did end up consuming about an entire scoops worth by the time I was finished with my workout. However, I think I should try this more than just once to get a gauge as to how effective it is.
    Logo_static..png
    Yesterday after the PAST, I checked out the Trader Joe's in Reno. I only picked up some wild smoked salmon while I was there. In summary, Whole Foods is a much better place to shop in my opinion.
    Last edited by Grok; 04-03-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast