Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Primal Journeys of Grok page 11

Grok is offline Senior Member

Check out this robot called the Geminoid DK. [1] I wonder where robotic technology will be in a hundred more years. This one is pretty scary real looking.

[1] Latest Geminoid Is Incredibly Realistic - IEEE Spectrum

I just watched Fat Head. A must see for anyone who hasn't watched it yet. You can watch the full movie for free by clicking on the image below.

FatHeadDVDSmall..jpg

There is something about Santa Barbara Roasted Garlic salsa which makes me feel really good after eating it. I think its the fresh onion and garlic chunks. Yummy.

08062141149l..jpg

This salmon from Echo Falls is truly amazing. I can't prepare fish better than this, so I may as well just buy this when I buy fish.

brands_EF_cracked&#4.jpg

Today is the second day on the leangains IF schedule. I find this eating schedule to be very interesting. You pack in three meals between 1pm and 8pm which leaves you no time for snacking. By the end of the third meal, you are stuffed and fasting until 1pm the next day is a breeze.

I picked up some metromint water at the store because it was on sale, it's pretty good stuff.
    metromint-chocol&#9.jpg

Yesterday I did two complete circuits of the PBF workout in 42 minutes which is a record time for me. At the beginning of the year I was doing perhaps two exercises over the full day. In order to achieve this I had to move down to level 3 squats and do my incline push-ups on a waist high bench instead of a knee high bench.

Push-ups: Level 3 (waist high bench) reached numbers and ready to move to knee high bench.
    Pull-ups: Level 3 (using 10 lb. assist bands) reached numbers, ready to move to level 4.
    Squats: Level 3 reached numbers, ready to move to level 4.
    Overhead Press: Level 2 reached numbers, ready to move to level 3.
    Planks: Level 4 reached numbers super easy, level 5 impossible due to lack of arm strength.

Using these levels I am able to fully complete two circuits in a decent amount of time. If I try to up the level of each exercise I become too exhausted. For now I'm going to stick with these levels and work on my time. If anything, I will probably just use a knee high bench instead of a waist high bench for push-ups. I feel I am really lacking in the push-up department and I want to push myself here.

I'm really looking forward to exercise days because I am so very frustrated with the size (or lack thereof) of my arms. I want to bulk up. I bought some Creatine powder today which I plan on using 1/2 scoop during my fasting workouts. Supposedly the BCAA will help, although I really have no clue. I'm just desperately trying things to try and gain muscle mass. The creatine is 33g of carbs per scoop, so I'm limiting myself to just 1/2 scoop on workout days. I would like to find something better.

The leangains IF schedule is working out. I sometimes need to remind myself to not open the fridge during the mornings. Fasting until 1pm is a breeze. I don't know if this IF schedule is having any affect.

I took my blood pressure this morning and it was sky high level 2 hypertension as usual. I don't know why I cannot lower my blood pressure. I will just continue to press on and try harder and harder to improve my fitness level. I need to start incorporating sprints into my workouts, I'm lazily using cold weather as an excuse to not sprint. Shame on me.

No pictures or movies in this post, just boring stuff about my fitness level so far into the year. My goal is to reach level 4 on all exercises and to do them in about 30-35 minutes. I think by mid-year I will be much closer to this goal.
    Last edited by Grok; 03-18-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Sacred Medicine of Washo Indian Tribe
    Photo_00004..jpg

This is some type of root which has been dried out. Exactly what it is, I cannot say. I've never been able to eat an entire slice because it tastes so yucky. I ate a bit this morning. This can also be smoked or made into a tea.
    Last edited by Grok; 03-20-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Add note about smoke/tea

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    This is some type of root which has been dried out.
    *strains eyes*
    That wouldn't happen to be a button of a particular cactus, would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    *strains eyes*
    That wouldn't happen to be a button of a particular cactus, would it?
    No, it's not peyote, it is definitely some type of root. This is a very mild substance compared to other psychotropic substances, at least as far as I can tell. I've never had too much of it at a single time. It is not known to the general population for it's spiritual properties, and the Washo people have only recently decided to share it with some of us. It needs to be dried out for several months before you can consume it.

main-image-consu&#109.jpg

I bought some giant strawberries today. These seem to get bigger every year. I cut up two strawberries and it was enough to fill an entire bowl!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    No, it's not peyote, it is definitely some type of root. This is a very mild substance compared to other psychotropic substances, at least as far as I can tell. I've never had too much of it at a single time. It is not known to the general population for it's spiritual properties, and the Washo people have only recently decided to share it with some of us. It needs to be dried out for several months before you can consume it.
    Oh! I just sent you a message asking the effects, but you (more or less) explained here. So, I just have to ask...have you ever had the opportunity to participate in an Ayahuasca ceremony? That is an experience that has always deeply intrigued me. Maybe someday...

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast