Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eggs every day? page

TinaC is offline Senior Member

Eggs every day?

Shop Now
    I am only on page 40 of the book so I haven't read that far yet. However, I've been reading some of the posts about cholesterol going up. Did Primal man eat eggs every day? Wouldn't they have been a once in a while treat when he came upon a bird's nest? I apologise if this is a silly question but I'm just curious and I'm not patient enough to wait until I get to that part in the book.

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    Primal man most likely only got eggs when they were in season. Eggs are a really great source of nutrition though so, eat all that you want any time that you want.

Alexb is offline Banned
    A lot of people here take the caveman lifestyle a little bit too seriously

If it was eaten by grok then you can eat it whenever you want. our bodies aren't adapted to eating only a certain amount of eggs at certain times, evolution just isn't that specific.

Just avoid grains, dairy, legumes, sugar and other artificial man-made crap.

JeanPatrick is offline Senior Member
    eat them all you want.

The best ones are those from pastured free range chickens (if you have access to them, get them!!!)
    Living the hard way has never been so easy!
    My paleo website : www.primaljournal.com

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    i personally dont eat them every day, but they are definitely part of my weekly diet.

eating saturated fat will not increase your LDL, or triglycerides, unless, of course, you eat excessive carbs. so eat up yer eggs!

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    What most people don't know is that the human body can only tolerate eggs during certain months of the year. If eggs are consumed outside of your heredity "egg window", the bio-availibility of the egg's nutrients drops to almost zero and will cause massive amounts of free radicals to be dispersed all throughout the body.

I won't go into the whole process of determining your heredity egg window, but once it is determined you should literally consume as many eggs as possible within that time frame. This is to allow your body to store the Egg Nutrients over a period of time so that as the window closes, the stores your body has built up will decrease at a rate equivalent to the "closed" egg window period.

For more information on how to massively consume eggs, I suggest you contact forum user rphslv.

Or you could just eat eggs every day like I do for breakfast

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Firstly, eggs and dietary cholesterol don't raise serum cholesterol, that's a huge myth. The body produces most of its cholesterol and eating cholesterol causes the body to produce less. Secondly, "high cholesterol" is ambiguous. It could be an inflammatory issue or it could just be eating lots of food that tends to raise serum cholesterol. It's not dangerous in itself and usually after a few months of eating food that undeniably raises cholesterol in the short term, it usually does go down. Especially if you reduce inflammation by eating a primal diet.

Eggs are tricky because they wouldn't have been a major source of calories. Dr. Loren Cordain is against more than half a dozen eggs a week, not because of cholesterol but because of the omega 6 fatty acids that he is in favor of reducing. Mark seems to be pro-egg for the most part and lets people make up their minds. I think that somefree-range or omega 3 eggs are a great thing but it is possible to over-do them. Not because of the dietary cholsterol but because of their inflammatory tendencies. But otherwise they're awesome and you could very well eat them every day.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Can anyone identify an actual mechanism for seasonality of eggs becoming detrimental? Point me to a paper perhaps? I understand the rationale but I have a hard time believing it due to the fact that for something to be relevant there has to be a mechanism, a means by which it happens within the body. And it seems to be that that would be impossible because eggs were never eaten out of season and without eating them out of season no mechanism could be developed. And I can't find an evolutionary reason why they should be. It doesn't do anything to benefit the organism to automatically stop being able to tolerate eggs during a certain time. They're an awesome source of nutrients in moderation and evolution takes advantage of that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Stabby; 06-16-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

AntonG is offline Senior Member
    hey hey hey..eat eggs everyday

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    What most people don't know is that the human body can only tolerate eggs during certain months of the year. If eggs are consumed outside of your heredity "egg window", the bio-availibility of the egg's nutrients drops to almost zero and will cause massive amounts of free radicals to be dispersed all throughout the body.

I won't go into the whole process of determining your heredity egg window, but once it is determined you should literally consume as many eggs as possible within that time frame. This is to allow your body to store the Egg Nutrients over a period of time so that as the window closes, the stores your body has built up will decrease at a rate equivalent to the "closed" egg window period.

For more information on how to massively consume eggs, I suggest you contact forum user rphslv.

Or you could just eat eggs every day like I do for breakfast
    What the hell? lol

I eat 12 eggs every single day all year long.

As far as I know this egg window is total BS.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast