Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about "non" primal wings? page

Jenn is offline Senior Member

What about "non" primal wings?

Is ordering chicken wings from a restaurant ok in a pinch? I got the parmesan garlic flavor.

canadianwoman is offline Senior Member
    As long as they are not breaded or dusted with flour (which happened to me the other day as I later found out) then I think they would be okay.
    Last edited by canadianwoman; 06-16-2010 at 12:26 PM.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I used to looove deep-fried chicken wings, so I will still eat some every now and then. The main problem with chicken wings from restaurants is the oil they use to fry them. It's almost always high in omega-6 and probably majorly oxidized to boot. They'd be 100% primal if they were fried in tallow/lard or some other highly saturated (heat-stable) fat.

stockjohn is offline Senior Member
    In a pinch, if you're in a bar or something, they're probably the best available option. For some reason I end up getting them once a week.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Did that happen to be at buffalo wild wings? If so, their traditional wings are dusted with flour, aka Primal no-no, but it's not the end of the world. Next time go for the Naked Tenders, I think they're called.

cbelling is offline Junior Member
    Funkadelic Flash,

Are you sure they are dusted with flour? I'm guessing you asked them...but hoping you didn't

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    You can order wings plain, and just top w/ hot sauce (a nd butter or ghee if you like a milder flavor.) The frying oil is certainly the worst part if you get them plain...

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    If you have a Smokey Bones around you, they have the most awesome smoked wings. Nothing on them and they taste so dang good they need nothing.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    What do you mean by "OK?" Even if they're not breaded, they're going to be cooked in canola oil, and that's not "Primal." But so what? What's going to happen to you if you eat a few breaded, fried chicken wings? Unless you're a severe hypochondriac or have a legitimate allergy to grains or vegetable oil, nothing is going to happen to you. Now, if you have them every other day, then they might start to affect you in a negative way.
    Last edited by Grumpycakes; 08-28-2010 at 12:09 PM.

cbelling is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    What do you mean by "OK?" Even if they're not breaded, they're going to be cooked in canola oil, and that's not "Primal." But so what? What's going to happen to you if you eat a few breaded, fried chicken wings? Unless you're a severe hypochondriac or have a legitimate allergy to grains or vegetable oik, nothing is going to happen to you. Now, if you have them every other day, then they might start to affect you in a negative way.
    Hell, I don't know what I mean. Lol. I guess I wonder how much I'm going to sidetrack my weightloss efforts with a few chicken wings now and then (especially with football around the corner).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast