Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From Humble Beginnings page

Hermyone is offline Senior Member

Cool From Humble Beginnings

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys, need some trackability for this thing, so starting a journal. Trying to min/max nutrition so I'm feeling my best.

I followed the Primal Blueprint verbatim from August until the holidays of last year. Lost ~12 lbs. even while on mah butt for 6 wks with a broken ankle. I'm at like 122, which for my 5'3" self is pretty ok. I'd like to lose the remaining bit of love handle / butt cellulite but am not fanatical about it. I'd rather feel awesome.

I don't think I've been eating enough recently. The cafeteria at work is pretty awful, and I've been lazy, so skipping breakfast (besides coffee and cream) and sometimes lunch has been happening. Also, I think the wheat consumed over the holidays - it was almost every day, that shit is sneaky!!!! - gave me PMS back, thanks a bunch there! I've been super lethargic for this whole month. Not that waking up at 5 is a snap when it's dark out.

Today I ate a banana with some leftover (the only reason I ate it) peanut butter for breakfast, another banana with ~20 oz. cottage cheese for lunch so far. Haven't had dinner yet, prob going to hook up my deconstructed (read: lazy) shepherd's pie!! basically ground beef, onions, bacon, with worcestershire sauce/beef broth gravy goodness, and some potatoes.

Holy balls, ate 2100 calories yesterday according to my fitness pal!!!! It says "if every day were like today you'd weigh 129 lbs in 5 weeks!!!" We'll see I guess. I didn't eat anything today yet besides coffee, passed up the free local bakery donuts at work somehow... win. Kind of mean because I gave it to other people, including my 40 year old boss who is on the verge of being on statins. I always bug him about changing his diet, but never listens. Whatever.

Still feeling lethargic, I suspect a virus, because the kids are both tooting like crazy and my daughter's belly hurt yesterday. Must sleep sometime I guess. Eh, back to work...

Emtropy is offline Senior Member

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Herro.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

I had some left over shepherd's pie stuff, a banana, and more cottage cheese for lunch. Feeling better than I have in a few days. Maybe it's SAD... who knows. No windows in our lab

I did meet some lovely ladies over from Italy at lunch, our parent company has a lab there. Huh. Too bad I test environmental stuff not pharmaceutical, or they could send us there... Super nice ladies! I'd love to go to Italy. I wonder if their wheat is less GMO than ours....

OK, remembered why I started Primal to begin with, can't keep up with friggin daily food entering in My Fitness Pal. It just sucks all the fun out of everything. Although I do kind of look at the "if you keep doing this you'll weigh 130 lbs in 5 weeks" as a challenge, lol. Oh yea?

I think we're supposed to raid tonight... I'm feeling too productive and full of energy to play video games! We're playing FFXIV right now. I am getting kind of bored with it, have only been on to raid lately. It was killing my sleep for a while. Not really motivated for it. I think I'm going to play Just Dance with the kiddos and make some GF pizza tonight. Found a good recipe on Pinterest that uses tapioca and something else, going to sub arrowroot and potato starch. Maybe even add in some gelatin!

I'm not normally a gummy/jello fan, at all, except Haribo bears. I did notice my facial skin being less wrinkly when I had a bunch of bone broth, so I'd like to get into more gelatin that isn't gross. I just hate the texture of jello! Ewwwwww. Not even as a kid did I eat that. Maybe I can eat more marshmallows.

Try mango custard. Or just add hydrolyzed gelatin to everything like I do.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

I'm thinking about it! My kids would probably love the mango custard. I have some pax of Knox unflavored to use up before I buy a can. I'll have to get some frozen fruit to add!!

Note: the same mixture (if you non-frozen fruit) can be poured into an ice cream maker for awesome sorbet.
    ------

I know they have new-fangled electric ones, but I always picture the old-school one my parents had with the rock salt and ice and the hand crank... haha arm work out!!! *flex*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast