Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: men vs women page

lekressin Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

How quickly do most women loose fat on this diet? I have recently started weight training and have had my carb count below 100g for the past 2 months and actually stay below 50g many days, but I still have a considerable about of visible fat around my hips. My husband lost all of his fat incredibly fast, but my results seem very different. Why is this?

BigBeck89 Guest

It will be harder for you, simply because you are a woman. You have more estrogen in your system and less testosterone, which is a combination that slows weight loss.

Tarlach is offline Member

Are you eating more dairy than your husband?

Dairy can stall weight loss. Get rid of the butter and cheese and have some real fat like lard.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

lekressin Guest

Why does cheese effect weight loss?

lekressin Guest

I probably do eat a lot of cheese, I'm trying to cut back

Ecala is offline Junior Member

I'm going to have to try this lard stuff.

Really Tarlach-- butter? I use a moderate amount of butter and have just a tiny bit of fluff I'd like to drop (about 4 lbs)-- and it's driving me nuts because I can't lose it! just 4 lbs!

62shelby Guest

I empathise lekressin, I was 100% primal for two months and didnt see any improvement in my body composition. I was keeping my carbs at 50gms or below most days too. I kind of fell off the wagon a bit because I was disheartened. Last month I was doing IF for 24 hours twice a week, and I liked it but still nothing much happened. I dont think I am insulin resistant because I didnt have much of a problem with the fasting, and most days wasnt really hungry when I finally broke the fast. I get plenty of exercise. The only thing I can think of now is that I am of that certain age, ie perimenopausal, plus have had issues with heavy metal toxicity, so my adrenals have been under alot of pressure. I dunno, my body has never been so resistant to positive feeding etc as it is now. my trouble is as well I am a small person with about 10 pounds to lose. If anyone else has had similar issues and was successful I would love to hear.

jpippenger Guest

Don't forget the closer you are to your ideal weight the harder it is to lose. I'm dropping fairly quickly, but then I have a looooonnngg way to go.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

No kidding.

I'm 122 lbs- and my goal is 118. Not far to go but it's killer.

twisteddoc Guest

Tarlach -- why does dairy reduce fat loss?

I have been fairly primal for a while, but haven't cut calories until two days ago. I need to drop about 15 kg to go back to competition weight. If dairy is going to slow fat loss... I am willing to drop or really limit it on my diet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast