Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: men vs women page 4

matt beaudreau Guest

Primal Fuel

Just an fyi for those that asked why dairy stalls weight loss- part of that is because dairy proteins actually illicit a very large insulin response. Other proteins do not have this hormonal effect, but the insulin surge from dairy proteins is actually quite large. Hope that helps.

trinity4 is offline Member

Would y'all say that it is all dairy, or just from cows? I eat small amounts of goat cheese almost daily...I hate to give it up but will do it if it is keeping me from my goal.

It is really the only non-PB thing I eat these days, besides an occasional small scoop of mayonaise or peanut butter.

Daughter of Grok Guest

Matt-Thanks for the explanation! I was wondering about that. I just cut the dairy 4 days ago, and I'm losing ~2 a day even though I was eating primal except for the dairy before. It all makes sense now, I had no idea that dairy was spiking my insulin, good to know. The first day I had a major headache and felt sluggish, the second day I felt fine mentally but was still pretty sluggish, and the past two days I've felt awesome! I feel like I adapted pretty speedily, perhaps because I am young, but I am certainly stoked about the results.

deepthought is offline Junior Member

This is so interresting. I am a "milk man" who lost some fat on a primal + dariy diet. I have stalled bit now so I am gonna swith my butter for other fats, and cut some acidophilus out from my breakfast.

btw I do not interrest in wheight and fat% in numbers, but I am gonna let the mirror judge my progress.

I will keep updating.

DoG: keep posting your progress. This "Son of Cow" is very interrested

Daughter of Grok Guest

deepthought-Will do! Son of Cow eh? lol! Good luck with cutting out some of the dairy in your diet, I think that will help your weight loss stall. Keep me posted as to your progress as well, the more guinea pigs we have in this experiment, the more accurate the results will be.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

yeah, I dropped all dairy a few days ago too. It was easier than I thought. I will reserve cheese as a very special occasion thing though because I love it.

twisteddoc Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hey Matt, thanks for the explanation, it makes sense now... Can't wait to hit pubmed. The promise to get bodybuilder-lean again with less cardio is a very tempting one.

DoG... I experienced the same when I dropped grains. Cutting dairy didn't have the same effects, though.

Keep us posted on the dairy free experiment!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234