Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Sweet Potatoes vs Yams

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,277
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Why can't there be "that's what he said" jokes...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But you're Chinese! :-D

    Sent via Starscream

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    But you're Chinese! :-D

    Sent via Starscream
    I thought she was Texan?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,896
    I've never seen a yam in America. Massive things!
    The remainder is an unjustifiable, egotistical power struggle
    At the expense of the American dream, American dream
    Of the American

    We don`t give a damn about your world
    With all your global profits
    And all your jeweled pearls
    We don`t give a damn about your world
    Right now, right now!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Strictly speaking, true yams are unrelated to sweet potatoes. True yams are rarely seen in this country. Orange, white, or garnet sweet potatoes are all sweet potatoes, not yams.
    You're saying the purple skin with the orange inside at the market is just another kind of sweet potato? Is there any nutritional difference? If not, I'll just buy what's cheapest per pound.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    470
    Yes they absolutely differ... Orange sweet potatoes will contain more beta carotene than say a Japanese sweet potato with white flesh. Japanese Sweet Potatoes are also pretty sweet so there may be a little more sugar in them as well. Go to Whole Foods as all sweet potatoes and "yams" are the same exact price per pound.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    And eat the Japanese ones because they are the most delicious of all!

    Sent via Starscream
    If only I could get them in london !!!


    From London England UK

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by paint94979 View Post
    Yes they absolutely differ... Orange sweet potatoes will contain more beta carotene than say a Japanese sweet potato with white flesh. Japanese Sweet Potatoes are also pretty sweet so there may be a little more sugar in them as well. Go to Whole Foods as all sweet potatoes and "yams" are the same exact price per pound.
    I'd like to go to Whole Foods, live in Calif., we don't have them.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    And eat the Japanese ones because they are the most delicious of all!

    Sent via Starscream
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Why can't there be "that's what he said" jokes...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    But you're Chinese! :-D

    Sent via Starscream
    I love all varieties of asian women, I mean, sweet potatoes, er yams. Oh jeez...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    137
    I don't care, baked (white) potato fries in coconut oil is the shit.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    470
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikee5 View Post
    I don't care, baked (white) potato fries in coconut oil is the shit.
    No thanks coconut oil is nasty when frying... Ill stick to lard or tallow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •