Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Thank God we are not in prison...

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,900
    Shop Now
    Hospital food has to be the same as prison food. Isn't it all SYSCO?
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Egypt with brief trips to Texas
    Posts
    1,155
    I have my own opinions about Sheriff Joe Arpaio and the whole (lack of) justice system in general.

    Back in the early 80s, I was a deputy-sheriff in Texas. Got out of it because I could not bring myself to arrest people for consensual acts (drugs, etc).

    That being said, back then the kitchen in the county jail was run by trustees and we had some pretty damn good food. That was way pre-primal for me and I enjoyed about everything they cooked.

    As I understand it now, almost all the county jail food preparation is outsourced and premade meals are brought in. Likely done by the same company that premakes the food that is sold in schools.

    That should tell you a bit about the quality.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Birkenstocks & hairy arm pits.
    Posts
    9,068
    If it turns a few violent offenders into docile livestock, I'm okay with it. Anyone serving less than a year should be okay.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,397
    Hey wait... Why is OP assuming I'm not sitting in prison right now?

    Don't we got the wifis now.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,397
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I have my own opinions about Sheriff Joe Arpaio and the whole (lack of) justice system in general.

    Back in the early 80s, I was a deputy-sheriff in Texas. Got out of it because I could not bring myself to arrest people for consensual acts (drugs, etc).

    That being said, back then the kitchen in the county jail was run by trustees and we had some pretty damn good food. That was way pre-primal for me and I enjoyed about everything they cooked.

    As I understand it now, almost all the county jail food preparation is outsourced and premade meals are brought in. Likely done by the same company that premakes the food that is sold in schools.

    That should tell you a bit about the quality.
    Tells me a bit about how well we treat school children as well and the type of people an "institution" like school is really developing.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    world
    Posts
    1,919
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    hundreds of thousands of millions survive every year
    Looks like a little too many people ... 100 x 1000 x 1000000 = 100 billions no ?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    9,911
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Looks like a little too many people ... 100 x 1000 x 1000000 = 100 billions no ?
    hyperbole  hy·per·bo·le/haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled [hahy-pur-buh-lee]
    noun Rhetoric .
    1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
    2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Egypt with brief trips to Texas
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If it turns a few violent offenders into docile livestock, I'm okay with it. Anyone serving less than a year should be okay.
    The USA (supposedly a free country) has 5% of the world's population and 25% of the world's total prison population (I don't think that includes city and county jails). Over 50% of our prison population is in prison for non-violent crimes and that are, more often than not, consensual crimes, usually drug related.

    The War on Drugs, like every other "War on" that the US has waged has become an utter failure but because there is so much money in it, it will continue on a large scale.

    If you are against the legalization of drugs, you are in the company of the drug dealers. Legalizing drugs would take the profits away from them.

    You are also in the company of police/sheriff's departments, the (lack of ) justice system in general, the private corporations that have a vested interest in keeping drugs illegal and various other nefarious groups.

    I don't do drugs, legal or otherwise, but it is not the government's place to tell me what I can, and cannot, put into my body.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Birkenstocks & hairy arm pits.
    Posts
    9,068
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    The USA (supposedly a free country) has 5% of the world's population and 25% of the world's total prison population (I don't think that includes city and county jails). Over 50% of our prison population is in prison for non-violent crimes and that are, more often than not, consensual crimes, usually drug related.

    The War on Drugs, like every other "War on" that the US has waged has become an utter failure but because there is so much money in it, it will continue on a large scale.

    If you are against the legalization of drugs, you are in the company of the drug dealers. Legalizing drugs would take the profits away from them.

    You are also in the company of police/sheriff's departments, the (lack of ) justice system in general, the private corporations that have a vested interest in keeping drugs illegal and various other nefarious groups.

    I don't do drugs, legal or otherwise, but it is not the government's place to tell me what I can, and cannot, put into my body.
    You're preaching to the choir. And I feel the same way about any sex (paid or not) between consenting adults, and of course gambling. I've yet to see the politician/lawmaker who I thought was intelligent or moral enough to make rules/laws to which I should adhere on these issues.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,002
    Shop Now
    Not the first to do this, and he'll likely get sued for it, if this has any kind of precedent to it: Soy diet prompts prisoners' lawsuit - Washington Times

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •