Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :)

Shop Now
    Things are getting better!

I've been reading along in the journals, just haven't felt like commenting lately.

Wow, that's great news!

NO worries! Just checking you were okay
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Brooke, just hoping that you're alright and that things are okay with your family! Hugs to you.
    Ditto, minus the emoticon(or plus if it comforts you)
    Make America Great Again

Hey, Brooke <3
    Sorry stuff's gotten so rough for you lately. But maybe it's not depression, rather that all the stress piled on, and your family member being unwell was kind of a cracking point? Especially since you had the added pressure of them assigning you the title of nutrition guru? Unfortunately, I'm not a massive well of knowledge regarding supps and stuff like the others. Hopefully someone will get back to you really soon.

I really hope things start looking up for you soon!
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

brookesam,
    Did you get and start taking the T3 you ordered? I ask because T3 can raise BGL levels.

Thanks Driedmango Eventually, I'll be able to sort through all this and get to the bottom of it.

Marcadav, I'm on Naturethroid right now. (like Armour) I haven't gotten the cynomel yet. I'll get my labs this week and find out more about rt3 before I start anyway. I had never heard that before... Thanks for the info.

Hope all gets better soon Brooke

Brooke, I'm a huge believer in the interplay between body and mind.... but in some cases... if there's an elephant standing in the living room you don't need to start mopping the floor. You dig?

Your close family member just had a stroke. Of course you're going to feel stressed, and if you don't process these emotions you'll start to feel depressed.

My mum was hospitalised a few years ago, and I know how terrifying it is. I also know how some of my family members went into denial: they couldn't process the enormity of what was happening. I remember my dad sitting on the couch eating tubs of ice cream - text book escapist behaviour!

It sounds like you're more concerned for your family members than you are for yourself. I think you should forget about supplements (it sounds like the holy basil is contributing to BS spikes?) and just talk to a friend / a nurse at the hospital / anyone really. In my case, a taxi driver was my first port of call, lol. I was coming home from a late night exhibition, and started to cry in his cab. Taxi drivers have saved my life so many times

And write here as much as you need to! It always makes me feel better. You're not dumping anything on anyone: we're all here cos' we like to be agony aunts Hugs to you.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-15-2013 at 04:48 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Hi Brooke.
    Sorry, I got no tips on how to, but I hope you get to feel better soon. Stressful situations as taxing as they are, get resolved eventually. Sometimes all we can do is stay strong and wait it out. Hang in there.

Shop Now
    You know, I bet that the event is just the trigger for loads of stress that you've been feeling and suppressing. It's no fun being sick, gaining weight, not feeling in control of your life (or behaviours), plus whatever personal things you go through that you don't share here... all those things add up.

If you feel that you need some medication to get you through a hard time, there's no shame in that. Do what you need to do. But mostly, make sure that you treat yourself really, really well right now. Buy a new perfume, listen to music that you love, get enough sleep, talk to your friends (and us ) about what's going through your mind. It helps... more than anything. You don't need to go through things alone. We're all here.

- Ray Peat