Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Am I a fat burner??

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    5,586
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Hypoglycemia happens in non diabetic people too. Sure they do burn some fat, they just don't burn it efficiently or effectively.

    Just because you have an undamaged healthy metabolism does not give you reason to generalize your experience to everyone.
    Personal experience+personal opinion=/=facts about other peoples lives and bodies.
    I am not denying the experience people have, but the explanation; that certain people are not efficient fatburners. Many people feel crappy when starting on a ketonic diet, no doubt about that, but calling it "carb flu" and giving the pseudo scientific explanation that it's because they haven't become efficient fatburners yet, due to a "broken" metabolism, is pure nonsense. Everybody are perfectly adapted to burning fat for millions of years, and it's the preferred fuel for the body most of the time...

  2. #22
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    Gorbag, you sound a bit of an idiot sometimes.
    Like I said, he also refuses to understand that Diet Coke is not a healthy drink.

    For anyone interested in the science behind the carb flu, J Stanton does a great job of breaking it down here:http://www.gnolls.org/1984/
    Last edited by Paleobird; 05-24-2013 at 09:04 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ecuador
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Like I said, he also refuses to understand that Diet Coke is not a healthy drink.
    LOL, it's the third time only in this thread that you mention Diet Coke in your childish ad hominem low blows! Do I feel offended? Not at all, yes I admit drinking lot's of Diet Coke since the seventies, and my health is still very good, even if Paleobird have predicted in another thread that I will soon grow tumors and die from it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    For anyone interested in the science behind the carb flu, J Stanton does a great job of breaking it down here:The Science Behind The “Low Carb Flu”, and How To Regain Your Metabolic Flexibility - GNOLLS.ORG
    That notorious internet page of j. Stanton deserves to have a warning: "Warning pseudoscience inside"...

  4. #24
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    LOL, it's the third time only in this thread that you mention Diet Coke in your childish ad hominem low blows! Do I feel offended? Not at all, yes I admit drinking lot's of Diet Coke since the seventies, and my health is still very good, even if Paleobird have predicted in another thread that I will soon grow tumors and die from it.

    That notorious internet page of j. Stanton deserves to have a warning: "Warning pseudoscience inside"...
    Aw, Gorbag, lighten up and learn how to take a joke.
    And, just because you don't understand Mr. Stanton's writing does not make it psuedo-science. Try reading it again.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Aw, Gorbag, lighten up and learn how to take a joke.
    And, just because you don't understand Mr. Stanton's writing does not make it psuedo-science. Try reading it again.
    Just cause he calls you out for being mean doesn't make it a joke.

    Sent from my Nexus S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

  6. #26
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chima_p View Post
    Just cause he calls you out for being mean doesn't make it a joke.
    Actually it is a joke and Gorbag knows it. He and I have had words on several threads about aspartame. It's one of those bad penny subjects that just keeps coming up and he's always the lone voice there defending it and his Diet Coke habit. I'm poking at him now about it sure, but I think Sr. Gorbag's big muscular shoulders are strong enough to withstand a little teasing from that big old meanie Paleobird.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Aw, Gorbag, lighten up and learn how to take a joke.
    And, just because you don't understand Mr. Stanton's writing does not make it psuedo-science. Try reading it again.
    Um, J. Stanton is the epitome of pseudo-science, I've argued with him on these forums before, and what he actually understands could fit on a single paragraph double spaced.

    Just because you agree with him does not mean he's right, or in any way complex.
    Make America Great Again

  8. #28
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Um, J. Stanton is the epitome of pseudo-science, I've argued with him on these forums before, and what he actually understands could fit on a single paragraph double spaced.

    Just because you agree with him does not mean he's right, or in any way complex.
    The OP should keep in mind that this person just advocated smoking cigarettes for health on another thread, plus brags about doing drugs, drinking, and eating all sorts of junk foods. Again, consider the source.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The OP should keep in mind that this person just advocated smoking cigarettes for health on another thread, plus brags about doing drugs, drinking, and eating all sorts of junk foods. Again, consider the source.
    Do you ever tire of that? I mean, seriously, every single post? Based on what? An incorrect epidemiology that doesn't hold up in deductive reasoning?

    Do I point out the fact you thought F1, 6BP wasn't a derivative of fructose, or the fact you didn't know what glycolysis was in every post in an attempt to belittle you and everything you say?

    Maybe I should, but I have more respect than that.
    Make America Great Again

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Shop Now
    Just chiming in to say that PB is the queen of condescending remarks. And yes, j. Stanton is in his own planet in term of what he believes to be fact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •