Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole30 for those STRUGGLING to stay on track

Shop Now
    I haven't seen it either. I went to Whole foods today and got some pork sausages w/o sugar etc. also got some Ghee to try.

I ate too many nuts today.
    B. sweet potato and a handful of nuts
    l. Big salad w chicken breast and avocado
    D. Lamb burger, raw sauerkraut, 4 dates

Walked an hour. My headache left on its own. Hopefully tomorrow no headache. Hours of walking planned for tomorrow.

I figured out tat I'm craving nuts for the crunch factor. I was eating mini-bell peppers for my daily snack. I stopped for Whole30 because they are nightshades. I have to be better prepared!

I had a small victory last night. Son is visiting - I got hubby and son ice cream and didn't even lick the spoon!! Wasn't even tempted to taste it That's HUGE for me!

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I had a small victory last night. Son is visiting - I got hubby and son ice cream and didn't even lick the spoon!! Wasn't even tempted to taste it That's HUGE for me!
    That's great! I dish up ice cream for my boyfriend and don't even care about it, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    That's huge for anyone. Congrats! I know that living alone, I have it much easier to not have those temptations in my house.

Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    A little behind you but I want to join in! I love the Whole 30 and find it inspiring, though I've yet to complete a totally perfect month. I always start slipping during that third weekend. Ugh! So, I'm starting with day 1 right now. I have to make some lunches and get my dinners planned! This will be a tough month: son and husband's b-days, Memorial Day weekend, and a wedding. But there's always an excuse so I'm jumping in.

You can do it Tomi!

I want to do a Whole 30, but the timing is never quite right. I'm thinking in September it'll be good. And if I haven't broken through this plateau by then I'm going to do it.

Slesca welcome! You're so right, there's never a good time.

Teach, you'll do yours when you're ready.

I'm on Day 5 and having a good run with it thus far.

:::I've always wondered why they don't "farm" Elk or Deer?:::

They do. There is a farm near us that raises not only a large herd of elk but also buffalo. I saw a small deer farm in PA last week when I was on vacation. I think there are probably a lot of permits you need to raise game animals.

Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    Shop Now
    Hey, I have an elk farm nearby my house too.

I'm calling today my first day because yesterday I actually had some sweetener in my coffee in the morning before I decided to do this. This means that I'll be ending the first week of June. Yikes; the social events ahead of me are daunting but I think I'm up for the challenge. In the past I always found the first weekend to be the first tough spot, then by the second week, social events were a bit easier. Repetition actually seems to help me a lot- not to explore a variety of foods but rather to pick a few go-to meals that I really, really like.

Planning for our 5 day vacation will be tough. I'm glad that's at the end of the month! How is everyone feeling on Day 6? Was the first weekend easy?